Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Retro-Solutions HID Kit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/retro-solutions-hid-kit-5212.html)

bigpapapablo 01-01-2010 07:28 PM

Retro-Solutions HID Kit

Hello forum,

I know that there are a lot of threads about HID on the forum, but I was wondering if anyone has ever tried the retro-solutions 55watt kit. http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...its/Categories

The main differences I see between this and the ones the sponsors sell on this forum are the fact that it is 55 watt and carries a lifetime warranty. Is this worth the extra money? 55 watt would mean that a relay would not be required and the lights would be brighter, correct?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Scottina06 01-01-2010 07:35 PM

Re: Retro-Solutions HID Kit

xenondepot hands down to any kit sold on the net.

55w vs. 35w is kinda silly imo. The 35w are way overbearing and superbright in a halogen housing anyway......

You need a relay with any HID kit on a wj/wk

robpp 01-01-2010 07:37 PM

what a great first post.

the difference I see is our vendors are proven.....we know nothing of you or your vendor.....

so we should just take your word for it?

go away......

bigpapapablo 01-01-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 124392)
what a great first post.

the difference I see is our vendors are proven.....we know nothing of you or your vendor.....

so we should just take your word for it?

go away......

OK. FIRST of all, I am not a vendor, nor am I trying to promote any HID product. I am not affiliated with any HID lighting company at all. I am a person who just bought a CPO Grand Cherokee last week and I'm looking to buy an HID kit for it since it did not come with them from the factory. There are a lot of HID kits on the market; ranging from cheap ones on ebay, to ones sold by vendors on this forum and other websites. I also peruse other car forums and I found the retrosolutions kit cause they are mentioned on a lot of the "import" forums. I was just wondering what the difference between them and other products are or if anyone had experience with them, or if they are just overpriced. If I violated the rules by posting my inquiry, then I am sorry and this thread can be deleted. Thank You.

robpp 01-01-2010 08:08 PM

it doesnt violate the rules under those cicumstances......you are sharing information.

but it would be nice to introduce it as you have now explained. sorry if i can off strong but you can only imagine the types of spam we get.

like scott and I both said we have a few good vendors here, we have proven results, but ALL of us are open to new stuff.

for me, I choose a vendor that i know i can trust. anyone can set up a website. a lifetime guarantee is only as good if there is a company still exits,....ask the lx guys about dabears hid kits. IMO.

Scottina06 01-01-2010 08:11 PM

its ok bro.......I dont know anyone that has a 55w retrosolutions kit...but many that have xenondepot and xentecs. I know that 55w kits are advertised to put out a little more light than the 35w...but at what price? And i would DEFINETELY use a relay harness with a 55w kit. Try them and let us know how it goes.

DAVY27 01-01-2010 08:19 PM

i have a 55w hid kit from DDM tuning. I love it but it doesnt have that cutoff line that people with xenondepot have and posted pics. i dont know if it gives off "more" light, maybe scattered, have to compare them with both vehicles together. But i like it.

bigpapapablo 01-16-2010 03:48 AM

hey forum. just installed this kit. it is excellent.

one inquiry: they gave me something called a "capacitor link" with my order. I did not connect it because none of the other hid installations posted in threads have this piece installed. do i need to hook this up? what does it do? is it necessary?

Relwarc 01-16-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 124390)
xenondepot hands down to any kit sold on the net.

55w vs. 35w is kinda silly imo. The 35w are way overbearing and superbright in a halogen housing anyway......

You need a relay with any HID kit on a wj/wk

wait... did you mean 55W is too bright? and 35W is what xenon uses? or am i not reading right?

White Chocolate 01-16-2010 09:49 AM

Silly scott and his shinnanigins!!

Relwarc 01-16-2010 10:48 AM

i didnt mean to call anyone out... i was just asking because i got confused... i use the site to educate myself and i figured 55W was brighter (and therefore more annoying) than 35W

Scottina06 01-16-2010 12:07 PM

to be honest....I'm not sure the 55w what are so much brighter or better. Ive never had a set of 55w. But all OEM HID's and such are 35w. Isnt 55w more than the halogen wattage? or is halogen 75w?