Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Anyone running Nitto Crosstek tires?

12K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  The Evil Twin 
#1 ·
Had a blowout in one of the Forterras at 20,000 miles. Time to replace all 4. Can't decide to go w a more aggressive like the Terra Grapplers or Cooper LTZ's, or w something like the Crosstek. I've got a 05 Rubi as well, so not concerned about off-road ability. Problem is, I don't want a rougher ride with AT tires. Any feedback would be appreciated.

#4 ·
CM, "which" Crosstek version did you choose?

#7 ·
I was very tempted buy them when NTB had buy 2 get 2 Free. So far, the Latitudes haven't really failed me that bad. We haven't had deep snow yet. I'll probably run them until they are worn more. I like the looks of Crossteks, and hopefully they won't hurt MPG that bad (compared to an actual AT tire).

#9 ·
My wife went with the Crossteks from NTB; they are a good tire and handle well. Snow is not as good as my Michelin LTX M/S 2's but given the fact we never seem to get any snow around here it hasn't been an issue. They look sharp.

#11 · (Edited)
I don't like the comments about tramlining or snow performance. That will change my mind. We had about an inch yesterday -- that stuck to the road. The Latitudes were slipping all over during stops and corners. Acceleration seemed fine, but stopping was scary. I can't wait until they are worn out to justify replacement.

Google for pics. They do look good for a highway tire:

http://www.nittocrosstek.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.