Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Heads up all WK owners (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/heads-up-all-wk-owners-52162.html)

jeepgcoman 12-29-2012 03:35 PM

Heads up all WK owners

You can thank the EPA for this one. Just be aware.

Warnings Not to Use

lboggs24 12-30-2012 08:35 PM

Re: Heads up all WK owners

Don't listen to Fox, they're just anti EPA. Those companies aren't covering damage to engines ONLY if they're not Flexfuel. Convenient how they left that out. Don't trust Fox, dont trust MSNBC. Too biased.

NightFury 12-30-2012 10:22 PM

Why would anyone put e-15 or e-85 or whatever into a car that is not meant to have it? Unless they have absolutely ZERO common sense. I don't blame the car companies for not honoring the warranties. The dumbass put the wrong fuel in it!!

Walt 01-04-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepgcoman (Post 730057)
You can thank the EPA for this one. Just be aware.

Warnings Not to Use

The brainiacs at EPA just never stop. There are enough band-aids in gasoline already. Wish they would quit f***ing with my fuel.......and now the head of the EPA resigns after this genius act.

I just tell people that they should avoid this blend if their cars are not labeled "Flex-Fuel" or specifically E85-rated. Local stations charge $0.01/gallon more for less energy output......but we all feel r-e-a-l-l-y good about it.

Somebody please save me (and my semi-HEMI) from the do-gooders. :buttkick:

RANT OVER...return to your regularly-scheduled programming.

brentwoodkris 01-14-2013 04:15 PM

My HEMI knocks/sputters when I use lower quality fuel at 87 octane as it is. I know when I get watered/ethanoled down gas when it idles like shite. The last thing I need is for them to increase the ethanol content, further decreasing my mpg, and probably giving the gas stations another unfounded reason to raise gas prices on me.

2005JGC 01-23-2013 10:15 PM

Higher ethenol fuels are typically cheaper... That said factor in 95% of the population is car illiterate that look for the lowest price and viola, you have people filling up with E15+

DannyVtCa 02-15-2013 12:19 AM

Back in vermont you can get non ethanol premium gas at a select few gas stations that are close to the railroad tracks. It comes in from canada. I put some in one time and didn't really notice a difference. But I liked having the option if I felt like it. People primarily put it in their boats. It smelled great though out the tailpipe.

lll2for3lll 02-20-2013 01:20 PM

I only use Exxon and Shell. :)

hummer recovery team 02-20-2013 07:42 PM

I use Kwik trip up here and they use top tier fuel, I would know I work for them.