Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   New Jeep Owner with leveling kit question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/new-jeep-owner-with-leveling-kit-question-52369.html)

Bobcat2013 01-03-2013 12:45 AM

New Jeep Owner with leveling kit question

Greetings, fellow Jeep owners!

I recently got my very first Jeep... A 2013 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4, 3.6, 20" factory wheels, with a lot of bells and whistles, as an early graduation (from college) present. So far, I'm sold. If I had to make a choice now, I'd be buying GCs for the rest of my life.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for basic, inexpensive exterior upgrades for my Jeep. I'm currently planning on tinting the front windows to 20% (to match the back), and maybe purchasing a leveling kit from Rocky Road. The description of the kit on the website (Jeep WK2 Grand*Cherokee Leveling Kit: Level Your WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee) seems relatively easy to follow and looks pretty easy to install. Does anyone have any info/had any problems about/from this particular kit? Any other modifications for basic looks or performance upgrades? Thanks!

Scottina06 01-03-2013 12:54 AM

Re: New Jeep Owner with leveling kit question

WELCOME to the JeepGarage family!!!

sounds like an easy install

JeepMaster 01-03-2013 03:36 AM

It's pretty easy to install if you have all the right tools. You can do it your self, but would recommend a buddy to make the process much faster.

bigrboland 01-03-2013 06:19 AM

Wow! Congratulations! Mommy and daddy must be really proud of all your hard work. You should have had gramma and grandpa throw in the extra cash for a Summit. Then you wouldn't need to concern yourself with petty upgrades.

Bart Man 01-04-2013 09:48 PM

Congratulations !!!:thumbsup: and welcome!! Im sure once you start searching youll find all the info you'll need !! Mostly pros not to many cons !! on RR ,, Good luck!!:thumbsup:

kevster 01-05-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigrboland (Post 731853)
Wow! Congratulations! Mommy and daddy must be really proud of all your hard work. You should have had gramma and grandpa throw in the extra cash for a Summit. Then you wouldn't need to concern yourself with petty upgrades.

Hey back off! give him a break.. He must deserve it..You must be jealous.. CONGRATS on the ride.. I like my 2012 GC alot.

joenjulie 02-02-2013 03:51 AM

Maybe he bought himself an early present...he may of had his job all lined up, my sister did, and so did my good buddy. And hell, with Obama in office, everything is FREE ANYWAY!!!;) And so what if his parents did buy it, that's part of the America we used to be, you work for it and reap your own rewards instead of people giving you sh*t because you've work hard, made money and can buy your kid a car. Now, the sh*t terds want to take from those that are successful(on any level), and give to those that don't want to put in effort. My wife and I do very well, and when it's time, will probably buy our kid a car, if I'm able to, I'll buy them a GC. Eat a bag of D...