Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

***NEW MyGIG Software Update RER-REW-REP 2.404***

138K views 235 replies 59 participants last post by  GrandCherokeeLimited99 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#13 · (Edited)
Thanks for posting Sox!

I downloaded and did the RER update to 2.404, I noticed in the NAV menu the VIN information, which was showing my VIN with the older RER software, is now blank.

Why is that and should I be worried?

*Edit: never mind, I shut off the jeep and started it again and the VIN reappeared.

#17 · (Edited)
I login to the server I see info pdf and grace notes download both i do not see 2.404 or maps?

So there is not a map update for free download ? Will the new RER 2.404 Update work with lockpick adapter on 05 WK with a 09 RER MYGIG will the clock load fine.

Thanks

ChrisWK

#19 ·
I got the iso 2.404 do I put this on a dvd or cd can I use the Windows 7 disc image burner to make the disc ?

#20 ·
Thanks for sharing the file Sox! +1 rep

I have the 730N RER, current software is 2.403. After seeing your post I figured it couldn't hurt to have the most current software.

I downloaded the file, burned it to a CD-R, put it in the RER and nothing happens. Is there a step I missed or am i doing something wrong???

Also, while looking for answers online I found this link, https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do, seems it is an update for the iphone (and maybe some other things -not sure) and I do qualify for the free upgrade. Is this the same update? If I can't figure this out by doing it myself it may be easier to have the dealer do it for free if it is the same. (If it's the same, anyone else having problems check the link to see if you qualify for your dealer to do the update for free.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help!!!

#21 ·
UPDATE on the update

Seems the reason the first CD didn't do anything was because windows disc wizard burned it in the wrong format (I think it was data). Used CDBurnerXP software and burned another, this time as an ISO file and it updated the nav perfectly.

Hope that helps anyone who may have had similar problems with the update.

#23 ·
If you copy a CD to the mygig hard disk, the gracenotes is the database that contain the song info (title/artist) from CDs.

You may think, that copying a CD to the mygig hard disk would also copy the title of the CD and the title of the song, but it does not.

#24 ·
I got 2.067 on mygig right now. Will I need to update to a new upgrade then put this one on next or can I put this one on without a problem. I got a lockpick adapter v3 installed.
Thanks

#28 ·
Beware of the new updates...2.404 & new map updates will eliminate the Sirius Traffic & all traffic conditions on the navigation maps. Dealer & Chrysler do not know an answer & Navteq has no clue...
DO NOT update to the 2013 maps & 2.404 if you use Sirius Traffic or use the Navigation map to bypass road problems!!!!