Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   What can we expect of Jeep Brown interior? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/what-can-we-expect-of-jeep-brown-interior-52487.html)

Keirik 01-05-2013 04:43 PM

What can we expect of Jeep Brown interior?

Anyone have any idea? The saddle brown won't be offered I guess and this is a pretty huge deal for me so i'd like to have some idea.

Keirik 01-05-2013 04:47 PM

Re: What can we expect of Jeep Brown interior?

btw, i know about this pic
http://wk2jeeps.com/2014/2014_Summit_01.jpg but it's hard to tell. Also, does the steering wheel not have wood anymore?

Scottina06 01-05-2013 04:54 PM

looks like it has the copper on the top

Keirik 01-05-2013 05:14 PM

what it looks like is a picture scanned off of a 1973 magazine lol

4jeepdiesel 01-05-2013 05:58 PM

Look at the RAM Laramie onine. I believe that rich brown color is about the same.

It's a nice color but I completely agree it sucks that Saddle won't be available.

Keirik 01-05-2013 06:19 PM

It's almost a deal breaker for me to not have Rugged Brown/Saddle interior. Who knows. I'm happy for some of the changes but why couldn't they leave a good thing alone? l

jgc4ever 01-05-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keirik (Post 733055)
It's almost a deal breaker for me to not have Rugged Brown/Saddle interior. Who knows. I'm happy for some of the changes but why couldn't they leave a good thing alone? l

Buy a 2013. They're really nice vehicles.

Roki303 01-06-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keirik (Post 733055)

Well "Jeep Brown" seems like it will only be available on Summit model. It looks like Overland will get "Indigo Blue / Jeep Brown" with some blue accents here and there (lower dashboard probably piping). Not sure if I'm a big fan of that but will wait until I can see it.

Additionally, as of today (might change) "Indigo Blue/Jeep Brown" interior color will only be available on Max Steel, True Blue, White and new Cashmere Pearl. No Black on this list which sux for me. Mineral Grey is gone for MY2014 and unfortunately those are my two top colors.

If you are in love with Saddle than start looking at leftover 2013. IMHO options for MY2014 are getting worse and worse but at this point you might as well wait until Jan 14 for official unveil at Detroit Auto Show and make a decision at that time.

mr_bots 01-06-2013 12:19 AM

From the picture it looks like it'll be close to the brown in the laramie longhorn ram with dark wood and copper color metal accents. Personally I'm glad to see the very orange saddle go as it was a deal breaker for me and never understood it's appeal.

FAUEE 01-06-2013 12:32 AM

The Saddle was a nice color, not too dark to be old man looking, but still something more fun and not as easy to dirty as beige. I ended up with black interior instead, because it looks a bit more modern.

Like others have said, the 11-13s are great vehicles, and really come into their own when you look at them as a long term vehicle. Replacement costs for the 8.4" screen & 8 speed transmission, will be high, whereas the 6 speed is a proven transmission and the 430/730 can be swapped out with aftermarket units.

Bottom line: The 14s aren't as big of an upgrade as people would like you to believe, if you like the saddle and rugged brown combo, you'll be very happy with a '13 Overland as well, probably happier than with a '14 without the color combo you want.

4jeepdiesel 01-06-2013 11:44 AM

^
I don't think you get the 6 speed with the Pentastar. The 5 speed is linked with the 6 cylinder. 6 speed with the 8 cylinder

Mendo 01-06-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keirik (Post 733027)
what it looks like is a picture scanned off of a 1973 magazine lol

l agree, if you got an outside shot you would see wood grain panels. Lol