Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f196/)
-   -   I bought a Gibson Exhaust and more (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f196/i-bought-a-gibson-exhaust-and-more-52504.html)

sl1980able 01-06-2013 12:02 AM

I bought a Gibson Exhaust and more

Well my 00 WJ Lardeo is finally getting a make over in the exhaust dept. Nothing fancy but I thought it was a good bang for the buck. I am also getting a rebate so why not. I opted for the aluminized side swept cat back. I plan on roughing up the exhaust and high temp ceramic coat it for longevity and the entire exhaust system. I also bought a Walker front pipe (not happy)because of the bends but it can be changed at a later time. If I only had a TIG welder I would start making a replacement. I never could find a good replacement for the front pipe. I also got a new cat Walker brand as well. Also getting 2 new Bosch O2s. Most of the original exhaust is showing pretty good wear and is starting to get border line annoying. Well I will post pics of the whole set up as soon as I get some pics up. I will share my experiences with the install. Just thought I would share.

cheapjeep 01-06-2013 10:11 AM

Re: I bought a Gibson Exhaust and more

I'm curious about this setup. Never hear too much about Gibson on here. Looking forward to the writeup!

sl1980able 01-06-2013 10:19 AM

Hope all goes well... I like your 04 Limited. I want to get the updated front grille so bad! I'm not sure how to post the pics so worst case I will link to my facebook page. I will try to do the best on my experiences. The exhaust should be here this coming week I am excited to get it.

cheapjeep 01-06-2013 10:38 AM

Most of us use photobucket because you just copy the img code and paste it in your post. super easy.

Forced Induction 02-04-2013 02:40 PM

Any update on the exhaust? I am interested in Gibson and wanted to get your thoughts.

cheapjeep - I like those wheels you have on your Jeep, what are they?

sl1980able 02-04-2013 02:47 PM

i got the old crap out so I am just getting ready to put in the new bad boy i can try to do a sound clip when done. Its on the floor and i am just drooling over it. I just need to get my main merge pipe off. All new stuff from the header back. Ill post pics in a few days. I know such suspense!

Forced Induction 02-05-2013 07:17 AM

Got any pics of it laying on the floor? I will assume it comes with a new front/mid pipe. The one right after the Y and before the muffler.

My muffler is about ready to fall off as its still original, so i will be looking to upgrade soon. I was looking at Magnaflow also. But I think Gibson has the largest pipes available. The others I think actually reduce to smaller than stock but I haven't looked in a long time.

cheapjeep 02-05-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forced Induction (Post 754168)
Any update on the exhaust? I am interested in Gibson and wanted to get your thoughts.

cheapjeep - I like those wheels you have on your Jeep, what are they?

Thanks man! Ultra Goliath 17". Got them from Tire Rack

sl1980able 02-05-2013 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go this is before I ceramic coated it all black so I would less likely to get hassled for any reason if I got pulled over and if he looked under it would look stock as can be underneath. Also I didn't get the stainless version. I thought by ceramic coating it it should retain heat more and be more durable to the weather and road grime. And should hold up for a long time. They have bolt on u clamps but I am going to have a muffler shop weld it all the way around for no exhaust leaks... Just need to make sure who welds it does a good job since i don't have a welder here. Been on the wish list for yrs.

Gus9890 02-09-2013 01:14 AM

Lookin good so far!

Frango100 02-09-2013 10:02 AM

Just as a sidenote, the Bosch O2 sensors could give some problems. The sensors themselves are not bad, but they heat up more slowly then the OEM Denso sensors. If the heating takes too long, the PCM will light the "check engine" light and set a code.
My exhaust system is still stock, because every time im only thinking in doing something with it, the jeep starts giving problems and the money is spend on some repair:mad:.

sl1980able 02-09-2013 06:48 PM

lol it never ends does it thanks for the heads up on the 02 i just bought band new 02s but the stock ones haven't given me a problem. And the side note I didn't know they were Denso. I could always go back and exchange them since I haven't installed them yet. Think that is a good idea is just swap the ones from the old exhaust and then just change them with Denso instead of the Bosch ones that I got.

Also I have my radiator fan shroud getting hydrographic dipped. So my exhaust isn't in place at the moment because I don't have coolant in my jeep. SO I will try to get a sound clip/ more pics of install. Just working on it a few hours at a time. Thanks for all the support Jeep people are cool. Its a Jeep thing right?