Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Vinyl Wrap/Chrome Delete (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/vinyl-wrap-chrome-delete-52569.html)

BrandonATX 01-07-2013 01:41 PM

Vinyl Wrap/Chrome Delete

Has anyone vinyl wrapped the chrome window surrounds? If so, how hard was it or did you have a professional install it? I want to chrome delete my altitude, and im trying to figure out if this is something easy that I can do, or if I should take it somewhere...
I also want to get some carbon fiber vinyl and wrap the black wood trim with the CF, kinda like the SRTs...

HYTEK 01-07-2013 02:48 PM

This guy did and it looks really good
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/maximum-steel-altitude-with-attitude-45204.html

ClarkeyWKCRD 01-08-2013 04:26 AM

I did one side and the curves were too hard so I ended up plastidipping those bits and then plastidipped whole other side. I found the vinyl difficult but obviously others may possess more skill and patience than me.

Clarkey.

Fumanchu 01-08-2013 10:48 AM

Re: Vinyl Wrap/Chrome Delete

The key to those corners in the rear side windows is to use a large piece of vinyl and cut the actual bend in the vinyl, not to bend the vinyl around the corner. It will neve turn around out bending the vinyl to the corner.

scottz5 11-08-2014 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had mine done professionally.. I prob should have just dipped it.

MuskegoLake 03-13-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottz5 (Post 1112659)
I had mine done professionally.. I prob should have just dipped it.

Quick question, I am thinking of having this done professionally as the wrap lasts longer than the dip. How much did that run you?

RKCoates 03-14-2017 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuskegoLake (Post 2020400970)
Quick question, I am thinking of having this done professionally as the wrap lasts longer than the dip. How much did that run you?

I am having my 2016 Billet Silver Overland completely chrome deleted on April 3 by having it wrapped in gloss black 3M vinyl. My quote for the whole truck (Front fascia, door handles, window trim, roof rack, back step, light bezels, and mirrors) was $600 plus tax from a reputable dealer here in New Orleans. I know that's a lot more than just the window trim, but it could help you see what's reasonable.

IndustrialChaos 03-14-2017 07:03 AM

I will be doing my chrome delete in the spring, but won't be using vinyl at all...I bought SEM Trim Black to paint all of it....chrome window trim will be "charcoal" painted. Forget Plasti-Dip, that stuff is garbage.

Chico Diesel 03-14-2017 03:19 PM

Save yourself the trouble of using plasti dip. It will be a matter of time before you hate it with a passion. For a wrap I would pay around 200, a lot of shops will try to charge way too much.

808WK2 03-16-2017 05:37 PM

I had a professional shop that specializes in wrapping exotic cars do mine and it only cost me $100 to do the window trim on both sides.

I would definitely recommend going the vinyl wrap route if you can get a good price.

Sevn86 03-16-2017 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKCoates (Post 2020402322)
I am having my 2016 Billet Silver Overland completely chrome deleted on April 3 by having it wrapped in gloss black 3M vinyl. My quote for the whole truck (Front fascia, door handles, window trim, roof rack, back step, light bezels, and mirrors) was $600 plus tax from a reputable dealer here in New Orleans. I know that's a lot more than just the window trim, but it could help you see what's reasonable.

Can't wait to see it once finished.

BlckWK2 03-18-2017 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuskegoLake (Post 2020400970)

Ran through lots of cold days and hot summer days. Even, gulp, the car wash. No issues with the wrap and the shop put a one Year warranty on it. I'm far out of warranty status and have no blemishes. I did pay around the $200 price point. I am happy to go vinyl wrap and have it pro installed.

A down the side shot for your viewing pleasure:
Attachment 113554

~ Sent from my mobile device