Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Our Overland has arrived in Fremantle! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/our-overland-has-arrived-in-fremantle-52600.html)

Woody 01-08-2013 09:42 AM

Our Overland has arrived in Fremantle!

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all, thanks to this forum and it's contributors, I have learned much about our next vehicle and the possibilities that it will open up for us. Imagine how much more I will know when the car is actually in the driveway!

Fortunately, after a seemingly interminable wait, the Tysla has docked in Fremantle and disgorged a multitude of Jeeps, among them only two were in Winter Chill and only one was an Overland. Quietly thrilled!

First pic shows the lineup of Jeeps experiencing the fresh (40 degrees C today) Western Australian environment.

Next one shows the first of only two Winter Chill vehicles, leading another line of Jeeps, still with their hood protection. First sighting!

Now to let the dealer do their thing (towbar, sidesteps, tinting). Hope it's not too long before we see it again...

Mendo 01-08-2013 02:39 PM

Re: Our Overland has arrived in Fremantle!

Congrats - this last wait seems to take forever after you have been watching it traverse the oceans! Welcome to the forum.

GlennR 01-08-2013 04:46 PM

Your gonna love it!!!!

kramer 01-08-2013 05:02 PM

Congrats on the ride. Happy trails!

Swampy 01-08-2013 05:44 PM

Thats great. I still have photos of our Overland parked at the Fremantle wharf also.

From there it will go to Prix car near the airport for compliance etc and then off to your dealer. From memory that took about a week.

Enjoy your Overland.

savvas 01-08-2013 06:52 PM

It's a nice feeling isnt it? Good stuff!

allypally 01-08-2013 07:56 PM

Congrats.
It will be interesting to see if they apply the latest Navteq Mapping as well as the latest TSB navigation fix, and that fixes the routing issues that have irritated us.

Woody 01-08-2013 09:28 PM

Yes Allypally, I will be most interested to check out the navigation, especially since the TomTom has been promised to the other car. But even my TomTom with the latest updates has errors, showing some streets as divided roads, for example, thus enacting a route that approaches the destination from the left hand side of the road.

perthpom50 01-09-2013 09:06 PM

Great Pics.

Looks like my black one behind!

Chrisp69 01-16-2013 02:06 AM

Got mine last Monday very happy!

jeepkreep 01-16-2013 02:43 AM

My Miniral Grey Overland CRD was also in that same lineup. Can't wait any longer, as I am sure you too! Congrats to you mate and good luck for many pleasurable years of driving you new JEEP.

Woody 01-16-2013 05:30 AM

Thanks, same to you. Exciting, isn't it.

Has your dealer been in touch to advise any time frames for delivery?