Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Brisbane: Delivery soon. Meet & greet?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/brisbane-delivery-soon-meet-and-greet-52634.html)

Ticket 01-08-2013 11:48 PM

Brisbane: Delivery soon. Meet & greet??

Lads,

Just received a phone call from Shane at Albion Jeep that our '13 Stone White Overland CRD is due to arrive by the end of the week.

Being apart of the furniture over on Patrol4x4.com I get to go on plenty of trips. So I was wonering...

Has there been any interest or previous meet-ups in SEQ for GC drivers??

I like seeing what everyone's doing and get idea's for my own car. Also great to learn a trick or two from people that have had their cars for a while.

Cheers from a very excited

Ticket

fwdjeep 01-09-2013 02:47 AM

Re: Brisbane: Delivery soon. Meet & greet??

Sounds intresting

exlr8 01-09-2013 07:18 AM

Keep us informed. We like to get the Jeep dirty on weekends....

fwdjeep 01-29-2013 06:50 PM

Yes
Sounds interesting

Ticket 01-29-2013 10:37 PM

What's the preference for you guys???

A 4WD trip or a large car park/sports ground???

fwdjeep 01-30-2013 02:17 AM

Maybe just a meet up
Bar b que lunch some where
Then plan something a little different for future date

Andrew drenent park not sure of the name south of Rathdowny on the old road

Ticket 01-30-2013 05:03 PM

Nice drive out that way, be a good spot for a BBQ.

Depending on how far people are willing to travel we could do something in Brisbane so Gold Coast & Sunny Coast people wont have too far to go.

Open to any suggestions, so express interest if your keen and we will find a central spot.

Ticket 02-28-2013 07:47 PM

Well after going to Murchison Products and talking to Stu, I've asked him about having a meet & greet at his workshop.

He's welcomed the idea and would be keen to do it on a Saturday later this month when he has more stock and the workshop is finished. He also said we can throw a WK2 up on the hoist and people can get some tech info on the day.

So for those in the Brisbane area and surrounds, I will get a firm date in weeks to come and start a new thread.

What I'd like to know is if there is still enough interest to organise it?? No point if there is only 4 or 5 of us.

allypally 02-28-2013 08:24 PM

Sounds like a great idea for you Brissieites.
You might also consider topping it off with a bbq somewhere near that workshop. Always found that food brings them together. BYO of course.

Ticket 02-28-2013 11:01 PM

Brisbane meet & greet??

I've been toying with the idea of a BBQ, either Rotary or Lions. But it's more of a social thing than a fund raiser. When I talk to Stu again I will see if he has any charities etc. he'd donate it to, but again it starts getting very involved for something that will attract maybe 20 cars.

I'll admit my motivation for this is to get Murchison Products name out there. Being the only place in Brisbane that's doing gear for the WK2's the more people that know about the place the easier it is for Stu to justify having more stock. I hate buying on-line or from the USA. I like walking out of the place with the item rather than prey the item and quality are what I'm expecting.