Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Bi-xenon upgrade (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/bi-xenon-upgrade-52667.html)

jorsr 01-09-2013 05:17 PM

Bi-xenon upgrade

I purchased the new plug and play harness from Jeep Addicted and they look OEM now im thinking do i just have to purchase bizenon headlights ffrom just 4 jeeps or do i need any other parts to make it work ? another thing how would i include LED driving lights ? - I guess im way over my head looking for a place I can have the work done in NYC -long island area ?

Jeep_addicted 01-10-2013 03:26 PM

Re: Bi-xenon upgrade

JORsr

Whether you are using brand new or used headlights you just need to make sure that the housings have a good pair of bulbs and a good pair of ballasts. (If you purchase at the dealer you will definitely get a complete headlight, if you don't know what all you need then buy them from here: WK2 Bi-Xenon HID Headlamps )

With the harenesses the equation is like this:

OEM bi-xenon headlight (complete) + retrofit harnesses = plug and play installation

It sounds like you would like to add DRL's?

For this additional parts are needed:
  • Two MOPAR wiring repair kits for DRL connectors (part # 68030096AA) this kits retails for $40 and you need two
  • An aftermarket DRL relay harness
I was trying to put together a more affordable DRL connector kit but it was not working out, the quantities required for an order was a crazy amount so for now mopar is the only source I know of.

jorsr 01-10-2013 04:07 PM

Thanks again Jeep Addicted -i will get the lights from just 4 jeeps -try to keep it simple

jorsr 01-10-2013 04:37 PM

Just ordered the lights from just 4 jeeps -expensive but hopefully worth it ,got the black interior for the altitude -now gonner order the LED from tailight solutions

Kf31311 02-25-2016 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep_addicted (Post 736047)
JORsr

Whether you are using brand new or used headlights you just need to make sure that the housings have a good pair of bulbs and a good pair of ballasts. (If you purchase at the dealer you will definitely get a complete headlight, if you don't know what all you need then buy them from here: WK2 Bi-Xenon HID Headlamps )

OEM bi-xenon headlight (complete) + retrofit harnesses = plug and play installation

• Two MOPAR wiring repair kits for DRL connectors (part # 68030096AA) this kits retails for $40 and you need two
I was trying to put together a more affordable DRL connector kit but it was not working out, the quantities required for an order was a crazy amount so for now mopar is the only source I know of.

How do I purchase a harness to convert my 2012 Laredo X Complete headlight units to the 2014 SRT8 units?

Kf31311 02-29-2016 12:26 PM

Are you still selling the harnesses??

OfficerDoofy 03-03-2016 07:21 PM

Quote:

JORsr

I bought a harness over the summer...didn't do anything with it yet but...why are the Srt-8 lights cheaper? :confused:

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Black Bi-Xenon HID Headlamps - Mopar # 68086419AB, # 68086418AB #68086419AC_68086418AC

Not complaining just wondering lol

Oblivion 06-06-2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

JORsr

Can someone explain why would i Need:
Two MOPAR wiring repair kits for DRL connectors (part # 68030096AA) this kits retails for $40 and you need two

My 2012 came without the DRL activated but on a recent dealership visit, they activated them.

I am looking into this upgrade and thought all i needed was the two housings (with bulbs/ballast) and the aftermarket harness. This seems like a new requirement.
Thanks.

Jeep_addicted 06-28-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oblivion (Post 1296553)
Can someone explain why would i Need:
Two MOPAR wiring repair kits for DRL connectors (part # 68030096AA) this kits retails for $40 and you need two

My 2012 came without the DRL activated but on a recent dealership visit, they activated them.

I am looking into this upgrade and thought all i needed was the two housings (with bulbs/ballast) and the aftermarket harness. This seems like a new requirement.
Thanks.

The Bi-xenon upgrade we are referring to is using the OEM bi-xenon headlights for the 2011-2013 model years Headlights from a Limited Overland/Summit or an SRT-8

If your are going to upgrade the headlights the DRL system uses two dedicated 3157 bulbs. That is the reason why you would need to purchase the pair of connectors that I mentioned in the post above. I had intially thought the connector could fit an H13 but it does not. I had found an aftermarket compatible connector but that is now out of stock from my supplier.

With the upgrade to the bixenon headlights you can no longer use the OEM DRLs that would come on the Laredo, 70th, Altitude or Trailhawk so they would not be compatible with the adapters.

If you are going to just upgrade your lowbeams with an HID Kit you will still need to disable your DRLs if they feed your low beam bulbs, if you are not using a relay harness.

If you have any more questions send me a PM