Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f157/)
-   -   What is your favourite distillate? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f157/what-is-your-favourite-distillate-52736.html)

BlackLimited 01-10-2013 11:20 PM

What is your favourite distillate?

I thought I might start a thread to see who runs what and where. Also what they found to be good or not.

In Sydney I usually run Vortex Diesel and in QLD Ultimate when available.

The few times I ran Shell Diesel the economy or power just wasn't there. Normal BP.....its workable if premium is not available.

GR44ND 01-10-2013 11:32 PM

I've only ever used caltex vortex diesel

Swampy 01-11-2013 01:54 AM

Re: What is your favourite distillate?

I only use BP Ultimate when available.

Tried standard BP Diesel for 2 tanks and economy worsened significantly.

If I am pushed, I would use Votex diesel but haven't tried it yet.

exlr8 01-12-2013 07:31 AM

I use BP Ultimate Diesel when available (80% of the time) otherwise I will use any other premium I can find (I have used Vortex in two tanks). I haven't tried any standard diesel in it and don't intend to unless I have no choice. As most people have said the milage is not there with standard.

savvas 01-16-2013 12:13 AM

The only premium diesel in our area is Vortex, so I use that.

It's similarly priced to regular diesel at the Shell/Coles nearest us, so there's no price disadvantage. We do some of our groceries at Woolies, so we get the 4c/L off too.

I have heard good stuff about BP Ultimate, but havent seen it around here yet. Also, Shell surveyed me a while ago about premium diesels so I think they're planning something with a V-Power label.

I have tried standard BP diesel a few times and I havent noticed any big differences in performance or mileage but it's a relative pain in the butt compared to premium when it foams up while filling.

allypally 01-16-2013 03:52 AM

Generally use Caltex Vortex. But I do like a good Vodka. Vodka is distillate isn't it?

slatz 01-22-2013 08:55 AM

Usually Caltex Vortex Premium Diesel. I try to get those 8-20c/L vouchers and by 85L to get the best price. I have used Mobil and Shell too but can't really say if they were inferior. Now have 10,000kms in and the fuel economy is improving. Refilled in Lithgow and drove home to Sydney via Bells Line Road and the M2 and used 6.3L/100km. Most of that is 80-90km/h. Freeway driving at 110km/h with a bike on the roof still uses around 9.4L/100m, which also is what I get stop starting through traffic.

fix69er 01-25-2013 12:40 AM

its a shame no ultimate Diesel in sydney. I use BP 10ppm diesel from BP truck shop in potts hill.

Swampy 01-26-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fix69er (Post 747275)
its a shame no ultimate Diesel in sydney. I use BP 10ppm diesel from BP truck shop in potts hill.

Have you tried the BP fuels locator? Be sure to filter search to BP Ultimate Diesel.

Site locator | BP Retail Australia