Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Dealerships, do you trust yours? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/dealerships-do-you-trust-yours-52819.html)

anyoldiron 01-13-2013 02:00 AM

Dealerships, do you trust yours?

lve spoken to a few people in parking lots etc and being that this i anonymous i thought i would post a poll.

Yillb 01-13-2013 08:42 AM

Re: Dealerships, do you trust yours?

My jeep would go no where but a dealership, and only the one by my house, always takes care of me, NEVER charges me full price for anything, and usually does most of the small stuff for free ( not in warranty :( )

Absolutely love my dealership.. i just wish everyone could have the same feelings twards theres.. however; my understanding is, most of the dealerships are not so.. forthcoming with issues, and love to overcharge.

spyder873 01-13-2013 08:52 AM

I am very wary of ours , being they just changed hands . The old owner ,I wouldnt trust as far as i can throw them,lol.

We actually would drive 30 miles to a different dealer To get our warranty work done.

We will see how the new owner is in a few days

I should add ... i am quite paranoid and trust very few , especially any type of auto dealer or mechanic or repair person ....

Boomer914 01-13-2013 10:46 AM

I'm gonna put a local repair shop on blast for replacing a driveshaft on my 3.7 that didn't need to be. Don's 47th street garage, of Brookfield illinois, also known as Lee's garage, got me outta 900.00 to diagnose a clunk issue with my jeep. Needless to say that didn't not fix the issue and being a fellow mechanic and trusting his opinion I let him do the work. He then proceeds to tell me how several parts of my car work and that its another issue. This guy straight lied to my face on how basic car parts work and also did not return my stock driveshaft after asking for it, claiming he used it for parts. HA. Still have yet to find the issue. All mounts are good. Thanks

bill_de 01-13-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anyoldiron (Post 737624)
lve spoken to a few people in parking lots etc and being that this i anonymous i thought i would post a poll.

Since the redistribution of dealerships, one dealer near my house lost his Jeep franchise. No loss as they were known to be less than honest. Another dealer 2 miles away picked up the franchise.

I was unfamiliar with the dealership and wanted to find out how the service department was seen by customers. So, I too started to ask people with their sticker on the back of their Jeeps what they thought. I gave up after asking 7 or 8 Jeep owners. They all gave the same answer, "I haven't needed any repairs". Now most of these Jeeps were fairly new since they only started selling Jeeps a few years ago.

So, I found out nothing about the dealership ... but a lot about Jeep. :)

tomstromie 01-13-2013 12:27 PM

I trust the dealership nearest my house, but the one nearest my work is suspect. The transmission went into limp mode a couple of times on my Liberty. The dealership charged me $159 to read the same code as displayed on the odometer. They replaced the Transmission Control Module (okay, probably paid to much for the convenience of them being close to where I work) and then they recommended new pads and rotors for a cost of over $1,200 including labor. The dealer nearest my house agreed that was a ridiculous price, charged me $370 for all of the parts, and I did the labor myself in less than 3 hours (mostly because one rotor was stuck to the hub).

BTW, the Liberty was the 3rd and last Jeep I purchased from the dealership nearest my work. I purchased my 4th Jeep from a dealership that sells quite a few over the internet. The price starts in at less that invoice price, and all rebates are taken off that price. No pressure, no haggling, and great price. I also purchased my wife's 2007 Pilot the same way from them. It's saves over $1,000 over talking to floor sales person.

Chas 01-13-2013 01:39 PM

Any recommendations for dealerships in Northern Virginia? I haven't had a need to take my WK in yet, crossing fingers, but want a good one in case. That is, if there is even a good one.

Shore Points 01-13-2013 01:44 PM

I trust Manassas Jeep (bought my JKU there.). I avoid Woodbridge and Farrish like the plague. Safford Jeep was good to me (Bought my WK2 there)...but too far for me to get service done.

fwdjeep 01-13-2013 04:27 PM

Same thing in australia
Some good most not

suzieque 01-13-2013 04:35 PM

I think the poll needs to split between service and sales. For example, "is your dealer competent enough to do the repair correctly?"

xJoshxx 01-13-2013 04:41 PM

I know 3/4 of my dealers service techs personally so eh.

spyder873 01-13-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieque (Post 737944)
I think the poll needs to split between service and sales. For example, "is your dealer competent enough to do the repair correctly?"

I can agree with this ! I have found most sales dept. dont really know much on the mechanics of a jeep .