Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   What did you just say to me?!?! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/what-did-you-just-say-to-me-52975.html)

ocsurf16 01-15-2013 09:12 AM

What did you just say to me?!?!

1 Attachment(s)
I thought i share this story. My panoramic sunshade was acting up then eventually fell off the track, so 6 months later i finally took it to the dealer to waste part of my day and them to tell me need to order parts. So yeah they said it needs a new complete sunroof, i was expecting this so after arguing in my head a bit over wether i should let the dealer do it i finally gave in. Couple days later dropped it off got in my loaner and drove off. Dealer says 2 days. So 6 days later i call and its finally done. Picked it up sat afternoon, service was closed of course. Drove right to gas station found a garden hose and of course leaking like hell but dripping into a tray that drains down A post. Whatever needs im sure they can adjust it. Monday 7am im there before anybody else explain, i wait few hours and its done again. I know the service manager is a middle man/woman but think before you speak. She proceeds to tell me "our head mechanic adjusted your sunroof and it should be fine and we tested it, and he says " advise customer not to take vehicle through carwash or pressure wash vehicle due to sunroof will leak due to pressure of water"...i just about lost it when she said this to me, after calling everyone at kindle jeep in capemay nj a few hundred names i left went back to the garden hose, no leaks just some dirty finger prints on my wifes headliner

dont know how to post pics on the thread but here is a image of the "statement"

eibyer 01-15-2013 09:29 AM

Re: What did you just say to me?!?!

LOL, they even put it in writing :)

Hacksaw 01-15-2013 09:53 AM

I'd call Jeep customer care and forward that image...I'm pretty sure Jeep isn't going to want their dealers telling people the can't wash their cars because the sunroof will leak

Think Outside !- No Box Required.

spyder873 01-15-2013 09:55 AM

i would be sending that to jeep headquarters, lol

kkreit01 01-15-2013 11:02 AM

Just clean everything from the roof down. No one see the top of your roof anyway. Also, never drive through a rainstorm. Never leave it parked outside during a downpour.

spyder873 01-15-2013 11:27 AM

Or carry a tarp. ( blue one) in case you are out and it rains

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

suzieque 01-15-2013 01:55 PM

glad its fixed.

I'd be pissed about the greasy finger prints. I always get the greasy boot print on my door sill. Is it really that hard to keep the boots on the paper floormat they put in?

Jees, this was an expensive purchase for me, at least consider the fact that my vehicle is spotless when I drop it off.

ocsurf16 01-15-2013 07:41 PM

i do the same thing whenever i take any of my vehicles to someone, there spotless in hopes people will treat it better

Aiyer 01-16-2013 10:49 AM

LOL. Post that picture on Jeep's facebook page!

spyder873 01-16-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieque (Post 740268)
glad its fixed.

I'd be pissed about the greasy finger prints. I always get the greasy boot print on my door sill. Is it really that hard to keep the boots on the paper floormat they put in?

Jees, this was an expensive purchase for me, at least consider the fact that my vehicle is spotless when I drop it off.

Lately , I cover mine with decal transfer tape . Then you just peel it up when you pick up the jeep.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-x-100-ft-R...item4d085c49cb

suzieque 01-16-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyder873 (Post 741092)
Lately , I cover mine with decal transfer tape . Then you just peel it up when you pick up the jeep.

6" x 100 ft Roll of Clear Application Transfer Tape for Sign Craft Vinyl V0804 | eBay

good idea! the bad news I need to cover my whole vehicle with this stuff!

spyder873 01-16-2013 03:07 PM

They make it in wider rolls , lol:D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2