Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 V6 Pricing Option-- Good/bad deal? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-v6-pricing-option-good-bad-deal-52992.html)

rovinrail 01-15-2013 01:02 PM

2014 V6 Pricing Option-- Good/bad deal?

So, I've got a quote on a fully-loaded Overland or Summit (got quotes for both), with the V6, OR2, Adaptive cruise.

For the Overland, they're pricing it at MSRP $53K, $49K purchase price with discounts.

For the Summit, pricing MSRP $55K/$51K.

For each, about $2K covers a 7 yr/75K mile warranty, another 2K ships it overseas (I'm in Germany).

How do those prices sound to folks, taking into account the extras (that I'd have to pay anyway)? Fair/High?

Thanks!

Vanguard 01-15-2013 01:42 PM

Re: 2014 V6 Pricing Option-- Good/bad deal?

You're selling me the said the MSRP of the v6 summit is 55K when the 2013 was 48k?

Jim_in_PA 01-15-2013 01:44 PM

The warranty quote you have is not competitive for the US...I'm about to spring for the lifetime and have a price of about $2100 from an online source. But that's here in the US, so I'm not sure how that would work where you are. Don't know if the vehicle price is good...again different market...but actually getting a discount on "day one" of ordering for the MY14 is likely a nice thing. :)

rovinrail 01-15-2013 01:51 PM

My problem is that I'm American over here, with the military, so I get the American cars (and can compare directly to American pricing), but would have to have a separate warranty-- their warranty covers me overseas, which isn't always the case with the regular warranties, unfortunately.

So their deal right now is getting the 2014 at the 2013 price, plus an extra $2k between loyalty and military discounts. So the MSRP is from the full price on their documents, not necessarily the regular price sheets.

I guess that's why I'm looking at whether, if I subtract the ~$4K premium I'm paying for shipping/special warranty, if that would be a good deal-- so for the Overland, if we compared that to ~ $45K purchase price stateside.

drtbkr 01-15-2013 02:37 PM

This is my first post here, but I figured this would be the best place to chime in!

I am overseas with the military as well and am planning the purchase of a 2014 Overland. I received a quote from the program the military has set up for a 4x4 V6 Overland with the ORA 2 package. The quote I received was for just over $44k. This includes a rebate of some sort for $1375. The quote has an estimated price increase from MY13 to MY14 of around $2000.

Now I am not sure how much the actual difference will be, but that might be a rough estimate...

I opted out of any extended warranty, as I plan on going with the lifetime.

rovinrail 01-15-2013 02:47 PM

Yup-- the rebate's the military discount they have. Depends how long you're overseas (Germany also?) if you want to go with the warranty. You may have issues getting warranty stuff covered overseas without that. that's the kicker.

However, you can get the extended warranty, and cancel it down the road-- won't get 100% back, but most.

Heck, if you're in the area (Heidelberg/Ramstein), I may have a pretty much pristine 2011 V8 Overland for sale if I go for the upgrade...

Oh, and go for the adaptive cruise package. that's really worth it.

drtbkr 01-15-2013 03:09 PM

Im actually in Kuwait for a few more months and back to the states...so nothing long term.

I might have to look into the cruise package...long trips are pretty common...

rovinrail 01-15-2013 03:53 PM

the cruise package is definitely worth it. it's one of those things that until you have it, you don't realize that's exactly what you need!