Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   led lights (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/led-lights-53018.html)

tonydurbs 01-15-2013 06:07 PM

led lights

im looking to get LED lights for the fog lights but i see so many different companies and i just wanted to see what you guys thought the best kind was. and maybe some LED's for the headlights i dunno help me out. thanks :thumbsup::thumbsup:

k2WK2 01-15-2013 07:33 PM

Re: led lights

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonydurbs (Post 740544)
im looking to get LED lights for the fog lights but i see so many different companies and i just wanted to see what you guys thought the best kind was. and maybe some LED's for the headlights i dunno help me out. thanks :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Check out Vleds or xenon depot's website. You can enter your vehibcle info to find out what is available, fitment, brands, etc.

BTW - if you do the fogs, you will start doing everything else in LED. Another slippery slope, but one we all go down.

Anon155 01-15-2013 09:48 PM

As said above, V-leds.com is a great choice in anything LED. I've gotten a lot of stuff from them over the years, as have many others. But be aware that LED's will produce about half the light output of stock halogen lights. I wouldn't go with LED's for your low beams, you can get a pretty good HID kit for about the same price as the LED bulbs would cost.

tonydurbs 01-15-2013 09:54 PM

thanks guys huge help and what HID kit could i get

tonydurbs 01-15-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon155 (Post 740773)
As said above, V-leds.com is a great choice in anything LED. I've gotten a lot of stuff from them over the years, as have many others. But be aware that LED's will produce about half the light output of stock halogen lights. I wouldn't go with LED's for your low beams, you can get a pretty good HID kit for about the same price as the LED bulbs would cost.

nevermind i got it lol pretty simple

Anon155 01-15-2013 11:07 PM

Yeap, most HID kits are plug and play anymore. Just make sure you get a relay harness for each side. There's several different threads on here for how to install them. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask

antsjeep 01-16-2013 10:31 PM

you'll only need one relay kit for the low beams.

XenonDepot 01-17-2013 04:47 PM

tonydurbs- If you plan on installing LED bulbs in your fog lights keep in mind the brightness will not be that great as they will mainly be for color and appearance. As far as HID kits go, they will offer you better functionality and brightness. You can get our Volt HID kit, you don't need a relay harness for the fog lights like you do for the headlights.

Jeep Garage members can get the Volt HID kit for $89.99 by using coupon cod "JG"

Danny