Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f157/)
-   -   Diesel Extended Warranty (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f157/diesel-extended-warranty-53033.html)

JC_0105 01-15-2013 08:23 PM

Diesel Extended Warranty

If Chrysler is making more Diesel vehicles across their companies why haven't they included them in an extended warranty plan? This is currently the big hesitation I have in purchasing the 2014 JGC CRD.

Does anyone have any recommended 3rd party warranties that would provide the Diesel coverage to extend the factory warranty?

mpatel1080 01-19-2013 05:47 PM

Re: Diesel Extended Warranty

Are you sure the CRD is ineligible for all the Chrysler warranties. As far as I know you can get a 7 year 100k mile warranty on it, but not the lifetime.

JC_0105 01-20-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpatel1080 (Post 743782)
Are you sure the CRD is ineligible for all the Chrysler warranties. As far as I know you can get a 7 year 100k mile warranty on it, but not the lifetime.

Yes, I think you are right. I was just looking at the Lifetime and it was listed as not covered. I am hoping this will change though by the time they hit the dealers since they aren't the Cummins engine.

ironroot 01-27-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC_0105 (Post 744370)
I was just looking at the Lifetime and it was listed as not covered. I am hoping this will change though by the time they hit the dealers since they aren't the Cummins engine.

+1

Very important for my purchase of a JGC CRD...

mpatel1080 01-31-2013 07:40 PM

Does anyone that ordered a CRD have an update on this? I am hoping they change their policy...they will offer a lifetime warranty on a SRT Grand Cherokee but not a diesel. That makes no sense at all.

Jamesla30 01-31-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpatel1080 (Post 752046)
Does anyone that ordered a CRD have an update on this? I am hoping they change their policy...they will offer a lifetime warranty on a SRT Grand Cherokee but not a diesel. That makes no sense at all.

CRD is late availabilty and is not yet ready, so cannot be ordered yet. Many suspect you will be able to add the extra 2 years warranty on to the original warranty, just not the lifetime warranty. So if you don't plan on having it more than 7 years, you're still covered.

DanT 03-25-2013 12:50 PM

Now that we're a couple months closer towards being able to order the diesel, does anyone know if the CRD will have a lifetime warranty option available?

Considering the additional complexity for emission control and the upgrade cost of that engine, the 3.6L gas option is starting to look more attractive given my plan to drive my next vehicle well beyond the seven year warranty coverage.

I am starting to think I might come out money ahead over 15 years with the 3.6L gas and a lifetime warranty versus the CRD with a 7 year warranty and paying out of pocket for anticipated failures beyond that time frame.

suzieque 03-25-2013 01:01 PM

The extended warranty I purchased for my 2008 (WK) CRD has paid for itself.

acilate 05-05-2013 02:59 AM

Has anyone found an explanation of the lack of a limited lifetime warranty on the diesel?

I was so excited when I found out Chrysler offered the warranty, and then immediately bummed when I found out the CRD isn't eligable. :(

mceb 05-05-2013 05:25 AM

Just to be clear the CRD can still get the 7/100,000 extended warrantee it's just the lifetime one we think is no go?

I wonder if they think too many people will go extra high mileage with diesel, 300k, 400k etc.

bill_de 05-05-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT (Post 787888)
I am starting to think I might come out money ahead over 15 years with the 3.6L gas and a lifetime warranty versus the CRD with a 7 year warranty and paying out of pocket for anticipated failures beyond that time frame.

Won't the seats wear out before that, diesel or not? :)

weck 05-05-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acilate (Post 817237)
Has anyone found an explanation of the lack of a limited lifetime warranty on the diesel?

I was so excited when I found out Chrysler offered the warranty, and then immediately bummed when I found out the CRD isn't eligable. :(

Suspect that the particulate filters are the reason why they don't offer lifetime. Eventually, they will need to be replaced. I'm banking on more aftermarket options or maybe core exchanges will be available a decade from now, otherwise that will be an expensive maintenance item.