Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   WK2 Spare wheel Well (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/wk2-spare-wheel-well-53043.html)

Numb Thumbs 01-15-2013 11:23 PM

WK2 Spare wheel Well
 
G'Day guys, new member...

I am planning on getting a WK2 Grand Cherokee Laredo diesel with the Quadra-Lift and Off Road Adventure Pack (maybe it is a DownUnder thing?).

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if you can fit a 265/60-R18 wheel and tyre in the spare wheel well. I assume it must, or what are you supposed to do with the flat if you change tyres? Looking in the showroom, it doesn't seem to fit.

Also, looking at the suspension, you can't go over 265/60-R18. Is this right?

Cheers
Numb Thumbs, WK2 wannabe! ;)

wxd60 01-19-2013 12:15 AM

Re: WK2 Spare wheel Well
 
Yes you can fit the 265/60R18 into the wheel well, the cover sits about 3/16th higher and its almost unnoticable. I have a Mickey Thompson on standard alloy in there, no problems.:)

Numb Thumbs 01-19-2013 01:52 AM

Re: WK2 Spare wheel Well
 
Thanks, wxd60.

Are they Mickey Thompson STZ's?

Do they come in LT construction?

How do you like them?

Cheers
Numb Thumbs ;)

telliottaus 01-20-2013 06:50 AM

Re: WK2 Spare wheel Well
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Numb Thumbs (Post 740840)
G'Day guys, new member...

I am planning on getting a WK2 Grand Cherokee Laredo diesel with the Quadra-Lift and Off Road Adventure Pack (maybe it is a DownUnder thing?).

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if you can fit a 265/60-R18 wheel and tyre in the spare wheel well. I assume it must, or what are you supposed to do with the flat if you change tyres? Looking in the showroom, it doesn't seem to fit.

Also, looking at the suspension, you can't go over 265/60-R18. Is this right?

Cheers
Numb Thumbs, WK2 wannabe! ;)

I've got cooper AT3's in that size and they fit perfectly - the cover doesn't lift at all

Numb Thumbs 01-20-2013 03:31 PM

Re: WK2 Spare wheel Well
 
Thanks, telliotaus.

Cheers
Numb Thumbs ;)

Dabitz 02-12-2013 10:06 AM

Re: WK2 Spare wheel Well
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by telliottaus (Post 744039)
I've got cooper AT3's in that size and they fit perfectly - the cover doesn't lift at all

Man I love this forum... I was just gonna ask that question. Finally got a full size spare (after getting a flat)... so I bought a no name brand 265-65-17 while I replaced my AT3. Feel proud of myself for using the search function. LOL

lysol 02-13-2013 01:13 PM

Re: WK2 Spare wheel Well
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabitz (Post 758565)
Man I love this forum... I was just gonna ask that question. Finally got a full size spare (after getting a flat)... so I bought a no name brand 265-65-17 while I replaced my AT3. Feel proud of myself for using the search function. LOL

What size are your 4 tires? I believe the OEM full size (installed) is 265/60/18

EDIT - I just saw you are on 17's. Nevermind.

Gazz1958 04-08-2014 04:31 AM

Re: WK2 Spare wheel Well
 
I have just fitted a set of BF Goodrich ATs 265 65 R18. They are a large tyre but yes it does fit into the spare cavity, with all the other stuff thats in there. The cover sits about 10mm (1/2 inch for the US members) above the floor in the back area. I've had BFGs on my last three SUVs you could easily leave the spare at home and only take on trips. They are very tough tyres.

Gazz:thumbsup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community