Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   So...I attended Machionnes press conference Monday...interesting quote about the GC (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/so-i-attended-machionnes-press-conference-monday-interesting-quote-about-the-gc-53098.html)

Scottina06 01-16-2013 07:08 PM

So...I attended Machionnes press conference Monday...interesting quote about the GC

"In somewhat related news, Marchionne also touched on the sales success of the Jeep brand and how it's caused hardship within company ranks. "I didn't sell all the Grand Cherokees I could have sold, I didn't sell all of the Wranglers that I could have sold because I couldn't make them. There was a natural limitation to my ability to compete."

That natural limitation lies with suppliers. Jeep set a global sales record last year of 701,626 units, led by strong demand for the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler models, which are built in the United States. Marchionne estimates that Jeep could have sold 70,000 more units had suppliers been able to keep up with demand."

Wow....looks like they would add more capability to both JNAP and Toledo! They are leaving buyers to other brands!

Discuss

kennzz05 01-16-2013 07:12 PM

Re: So...I attended Machionnes press conference Monday...interesting quote about the

maybe they will form a glut of 14s to compensate leading to better deals end of year,yea right

moosehead 01-16-2013 07:13 PM

Re: So...I attended Machionnes press conference Monday...interesting quote about the

Kudos to Jeep. It's an impressive problem, success.

Roki303 01-16-2013 07:20 PM

Definitely nice problem to have.

This is my 3rd car that I will buy (Honda, Nissan). This is going to be the first US made car. Not buying it because I want to buy "American" but because this is THE BEST SUV in town. Nothing comes close to the new Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Keep up the good work! You don't need to sell great products because great products sell themselves.

Jeff_Jeske 01-16-2013 08:06 PM

For the last 5 years I have purchased only American vehicles because they were American. I can truly say I haven't been disappointed.

I hope Jeep continues to sell like crazy and the suppliers can keep pace.

GELOverland 01-16-2013 08:25 PM

I lived in Toledo for 3 years. That plant/city could definitely use those jobs

AAAA 01-17-2013 07:59 AM

IMO to maintain quality they need to boost production by increasing number of assembly lines not increasing the speed of the existing lines as they did in the past.

Aiyer 01-17-2013 10:51 AM

Way to go, Jeep!! Hope the WK2.5's sell well too!!

spyder873 01-17-2013 11:07 AM

Success =jobs and jobs are always good!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

GTOGreg 01-17-2013 11:45 AM

Should bode well come resale time too...they're in demand.

mistadobalina 01-17-2013 12:39 PM

I sure as hell hope that does not mean churning out the junk they did during the WK1-Commander days!! AKA using window regulators that fail by 10k miles, POS differentials/bearing sets, excessive inventory of unwanted JUNK forced upon dealers.....

Sorry, had nightmares about Jeep's dark days. :( I REEEEAAALLLY hope they learned from being on the verge of vanishing.

remmy 01-22-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistadobalina (Post 742144)
I sure as hell hope that does not mean churning out the junk they did during the WK1-Commander days!! AKA using window regulators that fail by 10k miles, POS differentials/bearing sets, excessive inventory of unwanted JUNK forced upon dealers.....

Sorry, had nightmares about Jeep's dark days. :( I REEEEAAALLLY hope they learned from being on the verge of vanishing.

Really? Not being sarcastic in asking that question. I cracked open the rear diff in my 05 this weekend for the very first time (flui and everything) with 101k. Other than crud that was stitting on the magnet there was literally no chips or anything. It looked brand new. My buddy who was with me and has seen many rear diffs said he couldnt believe how big it was for that Jeep. He also had a hard time believing that it had 100k miles on it and never been serviced.