Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Lets keep it real (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/lets-keep-it-real-53100.html)

mangoe 01-16-2013 07:50 PM

Lets keep it real
 
The 2013 Mercedes Benz GL and ML have chrome on the front and back of the vehicle just like the new jeep, but if you are a hater of north American automobile all the imports are perfectly well design what a bunch of BS.

jgc4ever 01-16-2013 09:11 PM

Re: Lets keep it real
 
What exactly are you saying? I just don't understand what you wrote.

spyder873 01-16-2013 09:20 PM

That makes 2 of us????

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Matterhorn 01-16-2013 09:28 PM

Re: Lets keep it real
 
I think he is trying to say that people will hate on US auto makers but they look just like the Euro auto manufacturers??

akimball 01-16-2013 09:28 PM

Re: Lets keep it real
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 741574)
What exactly are you saying? I just don't understand what you wrote.

i was gonna say the exact same thing earlier but opted out... lol

jgc4ever 01-16-2013 09:53 PM

Re: Lets keep it real
 
I have never seen a Mercedes that I thought was cool looking. They look boring.

ColinIllinois 01-16-2013 09:58 PM

Re: Lets keep it real
 
The ML and GL have chrome because they are made in Alabama. That's why they have a gun rack option.

(Hey...my response makes as much sense as the original comment) :D

JeepersCreepers 01-16-2013 10:08 PM

Re: Lets keep it real
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 741642)
I have never seen a Mercedes that I thought was cool looking. They look boring.

I'm not a big fan of their SUVs, although the GLK is kind of unique. Wouldn't mind owning an S-Class though (or an E or a C).

Of the "big three" German luxury car makers though, based on styling alone my favorite is Audi, although many call their cars boring too -- they're certainly styled more conservatively than MB's.

JGCCAYENNE 01-16-2013 10:56 PM

Re: Lets keep it real
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mangoe (Post 741499)
The 2013 Mercedes Benz GL and ML have chrome on the front and back of the vehicle just like the new jeep, but if you are a hater of north American automobile all the imports are perfectly well design what a bunch of BS.

American English Translation:

Both the 2013 Mercedes GL and ML have chrome on the front and back. This is very similar to the 2014 JGC. If you are critical of the 2014 JGC because it has too much chrome, then you should be critical of the Mercedes GL and ML too. Otherwise, you are eurotrash.

FAUEE 01-16-2013 11:03 PM

Re: Lets keep it real
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JGCCAYENNE (Post 741748)
American English Translation:

Both the 2013 Mercedes GL and ML have chrome on the front and back. This is very similar to the 2014 JGC. If you are critical of the 2014 JGC because it has too much chrome, then you should be critical of the Mercedes GL and ML too. Otherwise, you are eurotrash.

Oh, that's what he was saying.

I disagree. While I'm not opposed to chrome, I am opposed to American cars trying to look like European cars. The GC was great because it was decidedly American looking. The 14 goes down the path of "I wish I was an ML or Touareg", which I think is a mistake.

SnoFire 01-16-2013 11:03 PM

Re: Lets keep it real
 
I think what he is saying is the Mercedes ML/GL models have the same chrome as the new Jeep. If you hate all the chrome on US models, the European models don't have as much...sound better??

GTOGreg 01-17-2013 10:53 AM

Re: Lets keep it real
 
Bah, I give up...next thread


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community