Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Headlight Help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/headlight-help-53136.html)

Ryno 01-17-2013 12:36 PM

Headlight Help

I am thinking about upgrading my lights without too much customizing. I have stock halogen bulbs and want to get an HID look if possible. Also interested in LED foglight and DTRL options...anyone have any ideas? Anyone add LED DTRL's?

I have a 2012 Laredo X that has been upgraded with 20" Polished Overland Rims, Yokohama Parada Spec X tires, Chrome Tubular Side Steps, Tinted Front Windows, Splash Guards and soon to be installed Overland Grill...

bclemons 01-19-2013 09:01 AM

Re: Headlight Help

I've added OEM HID headlights to my 2012 Laredo X and it was really a pretty simple job. If you want to wait, the 2014 headlights for the SRT and Overland will be available later in the year. As it looks now they will fit. I will be at the Auto show on Wednesday and will take some pictures and measurements.

Ryno 01-19-2013 09:04 AM

thanks for the info...curious if the 2014 lights will fit. I've been reading different things and some say might need a new grill...let me know what you find out.

bclemons 01-20-2013 09:22 AM

Just looking, it appears that the small black area along the bottom and to the inside of the light is connected to the headlight and not added to the grill. Engineering wise, if you don't change the front end and want to use all of the major parts already being produced, the headlight would have all of the changes made to it and not the structure. So, if that is true, the mounting points and headlight size itself would be a direct fit.

BF07 01-20-2013 01:50 PM

I am curious to see if this is true - I have my doubts a 2014 SRT headlight will be a direct fit to a 2011-2013 Laredo.

bclemons 01-24-2013 08:50 AM

Unfortunately it looks like the new headlights may be a half inch smaller all around. With the new shape of the grill most of the edges of the headlight is hidden in and around the whole headlight so it was very difficult to measure. Sorry but it doesn't look like they will fit. Until you can actually get a hold of one to actually measure I will say no, at this time.

Scottina06 01-24-2013 09:22 AM

just upgrade to the oem 11-13 hid's or buy a xenondepot HID kit for your halogens. There how tos here for both

lysol 01-24-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bclemons (Post 743478)
I've added OEM HID headlights to my 2012 Laredo X and it was really a pretty simple job. If you want to wait, the 2014 headlights for the SRT and Overland will be available later in the year. As it looks now they will fit. I will be at the Auto show on Wednesday and will take some pictures and measurements.

So where's said pics??? :D