Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 ordering and 1% below invoice (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-ordering-and-1-below-invoice-53216.html)

Roki303 01-19-2013 09:10 AM

2014 ordering and 1% below invoice

Folks,

How do I play this card? I want to order 2014 and I have 1% below invoice via my employer.

How do you work with dealers on this? Do I mention the discount upfront or let them first order 2014 and then when it comes down to paying tell them about the discount. There is no invoice pricing yet and I don't want them to discurage working with me.

Personally I would work with Pat on this forum to get this done but expecting newborn in next couple of days so doing a road trip for Chicago is probably not going to be possible (although under normal circumstances we would probably do it).

Any advice would be helpful!

SnoFire 01-19-2013 09:14 AM

Re: 2014 ordering and 1% below invoice

Get the information from your employer on the 1% under invoice. You shouldn't have a problem with the dealer using this. You can tell him up front about the discount and all they should need to see is the slip showing you have it (same as the Treadlightly 1%). If they won't honor it, they may be a dealer you don't want to work with then.

If you want to order from Pat, you can and he can have it shipped out to you (not sure the cost on this).

ColdCase 01-19-2013 10:46 AM

Tell them up front, saves a bunch of time. You will be in and out within 30 minutes (if you know the option you want). Most dealers like it. Since pricing is not out yet you will not know the bottom line.

bill_de 01-19-2013 11:03 AM

Keep in mind that unless the dealer was going to sell the vehicle above invoice, he makes out as well. You get 1% off invoice and he gets 2% off. There are fees involved for both of you, but it is a win, win.

ColinIllinois 01-19-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roki303 (Post 743488)
Folks,

How do I play this card? I want to order 2014 and I have 1% below invoice via my employer.

How do you work with dealers on this? Do I mention the discount upfront or let them first order 2014 and then when it comes down to paying tell them about the discount. There is no invoice pricing yet and I don't want them to discurage working with me.

Personally I would work with Pat on this forum to get this done but expecting newborn in next couple of days so doing a road trip for Chicago is probably not going to be possible (although under normal circumstances we would probably do it).

Any advice would be helpful!

Can't you ask your wife to postpone the birth for a week or so so that you can get the Jeep deal done?

sined240 01-19-2013 11:09 AM

Before doing anything, I would figure out what the price would be for 1% below invoice. With that in mind, I would go to the dealer and try to negotiate a price better than 1% below invoice. Not always possible but worth a try, because once you play the affiliates 1% below invoice, your locked into that price. When I was buying my 2011 Summit, people did better than 1% below invoice. Probably not likely on a 2014 but just a thought.

ColdCase 01-19-2013 12:03 PM

Depends on how much your time is worth. It is very hard to beat a 1% below deal unless there are those rare special circumstances, been there done that. The difference between 1% and 2% below on a 40,000 invoice is $400.

rangersgiants 01-19-2013 01:00 PM

It's a rebate to the dealer so they happily honor it. Just say your employer is affiliate.

Roki303 01-19-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinIllinois (Post 743600)
Can't you ask your wife to postpone the birth for a week or so so that you can get the Jeep deal done?

I wish I could but apparently it doesn't work that way :D. Just want to get it over with (both birth and Jeep purchase) as IMHO both things are inevitable.

nek121328 01-20-2013 05:37 PM

Print out the 1% info form from your employers connection. Present it to the dealer and you should be good to go.

ColdCase 01-20-2013 06:12 PM

Typically the employers connection does not have that info for Chrysler products, but the F&F price is printed on the invoice the dealers have. There is a $75 charge plus the dealer admin fees they tack onto every vehicle (sometimes negotiable). There are some cars excluded, but the non STR8 WK2s are not one of them.

The invoice specified on sites like edmunds, WK2Jeeps, and KBB are usually pretty close.

Oh, the F&F deal is not a rebate it is a set price. No rebate involved. Rebates can be applied to reduce the price even more.

Roki303 01-20-2013 06:39 PM

I'm trying to order 2014 so probably they will not have the car for the next 8 - 12 weeks. Am I going to lock in the price at order time or this will have to be re-negotiated at pickup?

This is kind of a funky situation as right now there is no invoice pricing available for 2014.

Bought 2 cars from dealers so far and both times at the end of the day I felt I've got screwed.