Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   trade in value (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/trade-in-value-53228.html)

Donsteph 01-19-2013 01:19 PM

trade in value
 
What kind of trade in value should I expect for 2012 srt with 9000k on it ? Dealer feels it is worth 45k but to loose 20k after 6 mos does not seem accurate. Would love to have 2014 but not at that expense.
What are others getting for trade in ?

cyanideg 01-19-2013 02:50 PM

Re: trade in value
 
I bought my 2012 back in Nov 2011 for 1% below invoice. About 62K OTD w TTL. Sold it in Oct 2012 for $53K. I sold while the getting was good.... Id say sell to a private party and at least try to get 50K for it...

Schleprock 01-19-2013 03:42 PM

Re: trade in value
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donsteph (Post 743655)
What kind of trade in value should I expect for 2012 srt with 9000k on it ? Dealer feels it is worth 45k but to loose 20k after 6 mos does not seem accurate. Would love to have 2014 but not at that expense.
What are others getting for trade in ?

Nothing less than $50K US equivalent. They are going to turn it around at zero cost beside maybe an oil change and wash, and mark it at $55k, probably accept $54k. $4k profit on a used vehicle is very good. Right now they are looking to sucker you in with a sob story and make a fat profit on the back end.

private party i would sell for no less than $53k.

Donsteph 01-19-2013 06:49 PM

Re: trade in value
 
Thanks guys .I didn't think that a 30% loss was acceptable. Might private sell and see what happens.

MichiganSRT8 01-19-2013 07:57 PM

Re: trade in value
 
dont think youll get a dealer to give you anything 50k or over. Private sale is the way to go!

jgc4ever 01-19-2013 09:17 PM

Re: trade in value
 
Private Party Kelly Blue Book on my 2012 Overland is only $2,150 less than what I paid for it 1 year and 3 months ago. That's really good.

Schleprock 01-20-2013 01:31 PM

Re: trade in value
 
I commend the 2012 guys willing to take a severe butt raping to move to a 2014. I owe less than half of what I paid for mine, and I got it slightly over Invoice, so I would have a sizable chunk to use against a 2014 in trade-in/tax savings. Even then, for a 2014 equivalent to what I have now, bought AT INVOICE, I'd be looking at an increase in cost of $18,000!!! to move to a 2014. Hardly worth that for a different transmission, radio, wheels, lights, and color.

Shaggy1 01-21-2013 09:11 PM

Re: trade in value
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 744200)
I commend the 2012 guys willing to take a severe butt raping to move to a 2014. I owe less than half of what I paid for mine, and I got it slightly over Invoice, so I would have a sizable chunk to use against a 2014 in trade-in/tax savings. Even then, for a 2014 equivalent to what I have now, bought AT INVOICE, I'd be looking at an increase in cost of $18,000!!! to move to a 2014. Hardly worth that for a different transmission, radio, wheels, lights, and color.

I'm with you on this one... Thought hard about it, though, but the numbers don't work for me.

I love my '12, and still smile every time I hear it crank with the remote start. I'm going to keep it another year.

kennzz05 01-21-2013 09:22 PM

Re: trade in value
 
seems there are those with lots of disposable income and they truly dispose of it. than there are those that have it but dont dispose it, I guess thats part of the reason they have it in the first place. kudos to them. Maybe there dave ramsey fans! I however fall into neither of these headings, sadly.

reevlak 01-22-2013 01:02 AM

Re: trade in value
 
hey at least us '12 guys are able to tune! :P
(thats all i can say since the '14 interior is awesome! and i want the launch control with the 8 speed :'( )

kbench55 01-22-2013 09:30 AM

Re: trade in value
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donsteph (Post 743807)
Thanks guys .I didn't think that a 30% loss was acceptable. Might private sell and see what happens.

I see you are up here in Canada. I would think that you can easily get $55,000 selling privately up here.

Donsteph 01-22-2013 05:51 PM

Re: trade in value
 
Just had another dealer offer me 48-52k on trade. I will assume 52 because vehicle is mint.
That is a little more like it. Still on the fence though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community