Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Future for the Trailhawk? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/future-for-the-trailhawk-53232.html)

Kiernan 01-19-2013 01:57 PM

Future for the Trailhawk?

So, is anyone in the know on the future of the Trailhawk? I know the 2013 was limited to only a few weeks of ordering, and I don't see it listed (yet) for the 2014.

My plan for my Trailhawk was to have it out in the mountains just about every weekend. However, if it turns out to be a really "Limited Edition" I'm going to much less inclined to break it or enjoy it the way I wanted to. While, yes, it would be cool to own something that there aren't many of, that wasn't my purpose for buying it.

Anyone know Jeep's plans for the edition?

SnoFire 01-19-2013 02:08 PM

Re: Future for the Trailhawk?

Milous might have an answer but those editions might not come out until later in the year..only time will tell.

avalys 01-19-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiernan (Post 743679)
So, is anyone in the know on the future of the Trailhawk? I know the 2013 was limited to only a few weeks of ordering, and I don't see it listed (yet) for the 2014.

My plan for my Trailhawk was to have it out in the mountains just about every weekend. However, if it turns out to be a really "Limited Edition" I'm going to much less inclined to break it or enjoy it the way I wanted to. While, yes, it would be cool to own something that there aren't many of, that wasn't my purpose for buying it.

Anyone know Jeep's plans for the edition?

What were you planning to do before? "Break it"? Like, what, roll it off a cliff?

Just enjoy it like you meant to! Worst case, you'll have a few scratches, and you can pay a detail guy $100 to buff them out, or a body shop $400 to repaint a panel.

4jeepdiesel 01-19-2013 09:00 PM

The special edition models came out in late summer fall last year so I would tend to agree with Snofire however painful that may be.
All their special edition models were very popular so I would imagine they would have them again this year.

alexo888 01-25-2013 02:02 AM

The Trailhawk is most likely only going to be a 2013, most special edition models are only for a limited period of time. Even thought the Grand Cherokee is changing in 2014 I would still get the Trailhawk because it will stand out among other Grand Cherokees and it may be a collectors item some day.

Milous 01-25-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoFire (Post 743685)
Milous might have an answer but those editions might not come out until later in the year..only time will tell.

No word yet, but due to its popularity I would expect it to return. They *might* show a concept of it at the 2013 Easter Jeep Safari (late March).

Studgun 01-25-2013 03:19 AM

Did they make any export Trailhawks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milous 01-25-2013 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Studgun (Post 747301)
Did they make any export Trailhawks?

U.S. and Canada as far as I know.

Jim_in_PA 01-25-2013 09:47 AM

Special Editions come and go...that's what makes them "special". :) I'm sure that Jeep will think up interesting things for MY2014, but suspect they want to get the supply chain moving like greased lighting before they start adding to the mix.

Kiernan 01-25-2013 09:54 AM

So, maybe, maybe not. Got it. ;)

4jeepdiesel 04-17-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 747297)
No word yet, but due to its popularity I would expect it to return. They *might* show a concept of it at the 2013 Easter Jeep Safari (late March).

I was just scrolling through some posts & found more proof (not that we need any) that Milous was spot-on with his *mighty* prediction once again.

Alaska-HWY JK 04-17-2013 07:33 PM

Funny thing with the special editions. All that nasty red that was on the 2013 is what people wanted to get rid of. As for not wanting to use it, do you think it's value is going to increase? It's a Jeep with a sticker package.
Hopefully if they make a 2014 Trailhawk it will have a diesel, larger wheel wheels and tires and won't be just stickers and paint highlights.