Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   Headlamp upgrade UK Grand Cherokee Overland CCFL projectors (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/headlamp-upgrade-uk-grand-cherokee-overland-ccfl-projectors-53276.html)

tickertapes 01-20-2013 12:18 PM

Headlamp upgrade UK Grand Cherokee Overland CCFL projectors

5 Attachment(s)
Upgraded my headlights this weekend as I wanted a more modern look to my Jeep.

These were originally LHD units for the US market so I had to open them up, remove the projectors and flip the masks 180 degrees.

Took me about an hour to remove the bumper and install the units in the freezing cold but I'm pleased with the results :lol:

The photo with lights on is the Halos and LEDs only which shows how bright they are.

2mad2bad 01-20-2013 05:38 PM

Re: Headlamp upgrade UK Grand Cherokee Overland CCFL projectors

Nice work mate, looks sweet!

tickertapes 01-23-2013 02:32 PM

Thanks.

Next step will be a set of HID's, I think I'll go for 5000k for a bright OEM look so they won't draw too much attention but still look cool.

May post a video if they look as spectacular as I hope.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

roddaz 01-30-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tickertapes (Post 746184)
Thanks.

Next step will be a set of HID's, I think I'll go for 5000k for a bright OEM look so they won't draw too much attention but still look cool.

May post a video if they look as spectacular as I hope.

Be carefully as there are several stipulations for fitting Hid lighting in the UK . They must be auto levelling and have headlight washers.

tickertapes 01-30-2013 03:40 AM

There are so many cars out there with HID upgrades now, some using reflectors and they seem to be getting away with it.

I'm over the moon with my projectors even with the stock Halogens, they're just awesome and the cut off is razor sharp.

Will give some 5000k HIDs a go, I'm sure they won't draw too much unwanted attention.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

tickertapes 02-18-2013 02:44 PM

Update.....

Got an 08 bumper from eBay and just got it back from the body shop freshly painted.

Will take some photos this weekend and will then look into the HID lighting, 5000 or 6000k.

I originally wanted a 08-10 menu overland but they're very rare in the UK so I've sorta made my own :-)

tickertapes 02-23-2013 12:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I've finally got my 08 front bumper fitted and I'm pleased with the results.

Next stage is the HID's, 5000 or 6000 K is the question?????

GCHemi 03-01-2013 03:25 PM

Looking good tickertapes!

tickertapes 03-20-2013 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just started installing my 5000K canbus error free kit.
I've integrated it all into the headlamp assy as much as possible to eliminate untidy wiring. :D

Will post a 5000K hid pic soon, maybe a vid too.

tickertapes 04-01-2013 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my 5000k HID's installed now and they colour match the LED's and CCFL rings.
The cut-off is razor sharp and visibility is greatly improved, especially road signs and markings.
The ballasts haven't thrown up any fault codes and there's no radio interference whether analogue or digital.

Overall, I love the look and performance. :D

Matt B 08-19-2013 01:35 PM

Hi,

I'm looking at upgrading the headlights on my UK WJ and have run into the same problem with all the aftermarket lights being LHD. I could order RHD projector lenses and just fit them into the stock headlights, but I'd really like to upgrade the whole headlight as the ones on my WJ are looking a bit tired.

Was converting them to RHD really as simple as just flipping the mask round 180 degrees? Did you know this would be possible to do on these lights before you ordered them?

I don't fancy getting new lights sent over from the US only to find that I can't convert them to RHD.

Any advice would be welcome.

tickertapes 10-14-2013 01:25 AM

Hi Matt,

Only just seen your message.
Just about all headlamps are bonded together using hor melt sealant. If you can open them up I'm sure you will be able flip the cut-off mask over. Wear gloves when you do this and ensure you don't get dust and fingerprints on the optics.
Mine are still looking as good as they did the day I Installed them, no leaks or fogging.
One thing which has been an issue has been the the CCFL inverters interfering with the front parking radar. I had to replace them with error free shielded inverters.
Good luck and don't forget to post some project photos for us.

Best regards,

Paul.