Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Good Job Dealership (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/good-job-dealership-53285.html)

BOURBON 01-20-2013 04:14 PM

Good Job Dealership

Before my first oil change on my WK2 (about 2 weeks ago) I never, ever had been to a dealership for an oil change I usually do them myself. With the purchase of this Jeep, I was awarded free oil changes for life. Well, how could I be mad about that right? Oil and filter changed. No problem.

Today while driving not even 10 miles away from my house, I get the low oil pressure (red) light flick on and off, I figure where I am, another 2 miles away theres an Autozone let me stop there. Yep, oil everywhere behind my Jeep. Just for laughs before I looked underneath I went and pulled the dipstick out to see what the level is. COMPLETELY DRY after wiping it initially.

I look underneath where the filter is, yep, its probably one thread from being OFF completely. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

SO after I tightened it down and filled back up with oil, I drove back home immediately. Im effing pissed. I was on my way to watch the games today with some friends and then this.

Question, how should I handle this situation with the dealership? I havent been in this kind of mess with them before and just would like some insight on how to go about it.

RageOfFury 01-20-2013 04:19 PM

Re: Good Job Dealership

Yikes! That's why I do my own oil changes.

Did you take pictures?

amill 01-20-2013 04:19 PM

Honestly, I would have called roadside and let them tow it to the dealer with the filter hanging off and low oil. That way the dealer can see their mistake. Then it would have been easier to make them cover any damages. Now, it's going to be more of an issue if there is any wear or damage to the motor because of this.

This is why I don't have dealers do oil changes. I'd rather do it myself for peace of mind. It's bad enough taking the car in for warranty work without them damaging something else.

BOURBON 01-20-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amill (Post 744293)
Honestly, I would have called roadside and let them tow it to the dealer with the filter hanging off and low oil. That way the dealer can see their mistake. Then it would have been easier to make them cover any damages. Now, it's going to be more of an issue if there is any wear or damage to the motor because of this.

Honestly I would have if I wasnt in such a rage and wanted to get back home. If theres one thing I hate is being stranded somewhere.

fwdjeep 01-20-2013 04:23 PM

Dealers are useless.
The service centers are the worst
No idea
No customer service
No responsibility

BarryB 01-20-2013 05:00 PM

I have the same deal, but still do the oil changes myself. Have had similar issues with VW & Mercedes - go figure.

denis4x4 01-20-2013 05:47 PM

I live in a small town with three dealerships total. Next closest dealers are 60 miles away. All are family owned and since they depend on repeat business, service is above average. Can't help but wonder if poor dealer service has anything to do with where the Jeep was purchased. I know that's not supposed to happen, but I know I get better local service than the guy down the street that bought in Denver to save a few bucks.

suzieque 01-20-2013 07:42 PM

I always pop the hood have a look around and also check under the vehicle before leaving the dealership.
Depending on what i get done, i also put the vehicle up on ramps and have a look underneath when i get home.
I have found many items damaged or out of place after dealer service that i have to fix myself.

Scottina06 01-20-2013 07:54 PM

always check before you leave the dealer

Bign1976 01-20-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwdjeep (Post 744297)
Dealers are useless.
The service centers are the worst
No idea
No customer service
No responsibility

I have to say that no all dealers are like this... I have been having the oil changed on all my cars the last 15 years, I have never have had a problem with any of my cars.

amill 01-20-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieque (Post 744406)
I always pop the hood have a look around and also check under the vehicle before leaving the dealership.
Depending on what i get done, i also put the vehicle up on ramps and have a look underneath when i get home.
I have found many items damaged or out of place after dealer service that i have to fix myself.

You might as well take the extra few mins to change the oil since you have it up on the ramps. :D

suzieque 01-20-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amill (Post 744472)
You might as well take the extra few mins to change the oil since you have it up on the ramps. :D

I know, but I also have the free oil change agreement. Oil changes themselves seem to have all gone fine so far, but that doesn't mean I will stop checking.