Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Rally style mud flaps for WK2? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/rally-style-mud-flaps-for-wk2-53292.html)

RageOfFury 01-20-2013 05:12 PM

Rally style mud flaps for WK2?

The Mopar mud guards on my Laredo are starting to look very banged up due to them being hard plastic and thus not flexing.

I was wondering if someone made rally style flexible mud flaps for the WK2.

nigelh 01-20-2013 05:41 PM

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/mud-flaps-yes-or-no-46583.html

True Blue, Saddle Trim
Hemi 5.7 V8
Tow Pack
=====================
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BobT 01-20-2013 06:40 PM

Re: Rally style mud flaps for WK2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 744321)
I was wondering if someone made rally style flexible mud flaps for the WK2.

I wish!

Can't understand why people think they are ugly. People may be ugly but a piece of rubber is just piece of rubber. Anyway, I find them essential for keeping dirt and grit from splashing up the side of the car.

RageOfFury 01-21-2013 12:13 PM

The mud guards on mine have proven extremely valuable with regards to protecting the rocker panels and doors from road spray.

I found a company called Rally Armour that sells a universal rally style mud flap. 128$ for a set of 4. I may just order them this spring.

Universal UR Plus Mud flap Grey logo

FatPanda 02-02-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 744752)
The mud guards on mine have proven extremely valuable with regards to protecting the rocker panels and doors from road spray.

I found a company called Rally Armour that sells a universal rally style mud flap. 128$ for a set of 4. I may just order them this spring.

Universal UR Plus Mud flap Grey logo

You can buy universal SUV Rally Armour splash guards off Ebay for significantly cheaper, although they are the "basic" edition they still fulfill the same basic need. Im going to invest into these given the price and flexible material.

Here is the link if interested. Worth a shot for 35 bucks.

Rally Armor Basic Plus SUV Mud Flaps Guards Universal Fitment MF20 Bas Blk | eBay

LeCheese 02-03-2013 03:45 AM

I know a guy that cut a cardboard template, got some rubber and cut it to size, then screwed it on. That'd work

doulos4JC 02-08-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 744321)
The Mopar mud guards on my Laredo are starting to look very banged up due to them being hard plastic and thus not flexing.

I am going to put a set on my '14, looks like the ones on e bay should work. Lemme know what you go with.

RageOfFury 02-08-2013 11:39 AM

I'm leaning towards the UR Plus flaps I posted above. But I'm gonna wait until the spring as changing them in below 0 weather in snow isn't something I want to do.

doulos4JC if you do buy and install them on your new GC, I'd love to see pics and how you mounted them! :)

kkreit01 02-08-2013 12:05 PM

The Mopar ones are large enough to look like rally flaps, but they aren't very flexible.

RageOfFury 02-08-2013 12:11 PM

I have the mopar ones and, to me, don't look like rally flaps that I'm used to seeing on rally Subaru's. They are hard as a rock and get banged up easily.

I'm hoping that UR plus flaps I posted above are nice and flexible and will last the life of my GC. Ill likely order them in the spring.

doulos4JC 02-08-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 756335)
doulos4JC if you do buy and install them on your new GC, I'd love to see pics and how you mounted them! :)

I'll post pics for sure. I'm not sure what kind I want yet, so I'm still looking. I really would like the mud flaps to look OEM, right from the factory. Any ideas?

wrwrx 02-08-2013 07:45 PM

I had a set of the ur rally armors on my Subie years ago. Fantastic set of flaps! They had a vry wide coverage area and did a gr8 job keeping the car clean. Though kinda skeptical on how they would look on the jeep. Ive grown accustomed to the molded look of the mopar flaps, tho they are hard.