Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Dogs in the Jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/dogs-in-the-jeep-53325.html)

bpd138 01-21-2013 06:30 AM

Dogs in the Jeep

Hello again,
After our beloved Max (dog) passed away my wife and I decided that no other dog could fill his paws. Well, almost five months later we broke down and rescued a beautiful Akita from a shelter in NJ. She loves to ride in the car and I like having her as my copilot.

My question is;
I have cloth seat and I'm looking for input from on how you protect your seats from the fur and paws.

Thanks for your help,
Willie

nonopr01 01-21-2013 07:09 AM

Re: Dogs in the Jeep

My Lab loves the back of the car. He an sleep there also while driving around.

turbospartan 01-21-2013 11:14 AM

I bought a hammock-type thing for the back seat. Covers the entire back seat so no fur / scratches / etc. Basically hooks on each head rest (2 front and 2 rear) and has holes for the seat-belts so it is held down better.

Has worked pretty good for me so far, though it was just a generic SUV model (not specific to the Jeep). You might be able to find a better fitting one if you searched.

Austin4WD 01-21-2013 12:57 PM

I bought a Canvas Back Cargo Liner and the Mopar Jeep rubber cargo area liner. A bit of overkill but I like the look and so far they work great. The Canvas Back sticks to the carpet via heavy duty velcro and also goes on the back of the rear seats. I choose to get the side pieces too. My dogs are only allowed in the cargo area. :D

jlh628 01-21-2013 01:00 PM

I have the same as above. I used it in my Jetta and it's even waterproof. It's a generic one I picked up at Home Goods. I now have a cargo mat and still put the cargo liner over it to protect the back of the back seats. It works well for my 2 dogs! Especially when it's wet and rainy!

bpd138 01-21-2013 06:20 PM

Thanks for the input. I think I am going to go with the backseat hammock thing. One of the reason's I bought a Jeep was for the spacious cargo area. That area is now set up with two cargo nets and a Jeep rubber mat. Besides I like having my buddie's furry face lookign over my shoulder. lol
Once again, Thanks.

Justal13 01-23-2013 02:35 PM

I carry (2) 72" by 80" standard quilted packing/moving blankets (I bought the quality cotton ones in black on one side, beige on the other). They are thick, double-layer with padding between. They work great and you can wash them when they get dirty. The dogs love them. They were under $15 each and I replace them every once in a while. The old ones go into my "move the kids" stash, where I don't feel guilty if they get ruined (or they grab a few for themselves).

Austin4WD 01-23-2013 06:54 PM

I've been looking for some blankets like that...Where did you get them? :)

jlh628 01-23-2013 07:16 PM

You can get moving blankets at Home Depot for $16 :)

Austin4WD 01-24-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlh628 (Post 746389)
You can get moving blankets at Home Depot for $16 :)

I've seen the crappy moving blankets Home Depot or U-Haul has. I was specfically referring to the quality cotton ones as described above. :rolleyes:

Justal13 01-24-2013 03:28 PM

They come in 2-packs at Costco (very nice quality). I have also purchased from Northern Hydraulics (OK quality), eBay (hit and miss, some good, some so-so) and Lowes (excellent quality). My last several I bribed the moving van driver - he "forgot" 3 of his blankets and I gave him a $20 tip. Those are top-notch quality. I must still have about a dozen moving blankets in my "stash" that my kids have not pilfered yet.

yellj 01-24-2013 06:33 PM

Try this, protects the sides as well, excellent quality.
Amazon.com: K&H Quilted Cargo Cover, Tan: Pet Supplies