Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Yes..... I am driving in park mode!!!!!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/yes-i-am-driving-in-park-mode-53359.html)

trelos78 01-21-2013 05:52 PM

Yes..... I am driving in park mode!!!!!!!
 
I had sometime to myself today and decided to try and figure out how to disable the air suspension. Looked through the manual and saw the M2 fuse controls air suspension/ELSD. Pulled the fuse out and alas air suspension disabled.....no codes.....no lights......no noises. Downside is you also disable the ELSD which means half the traction. Definitely for summers but I would not recommend it for snowy conditions!!!!! Glad to share with jeep community. I'll keep u guys posted if something goes wrong (guess i'm the guinea pig on this one)!!!!!!

Ahujadaddy 01-23-2013 04:14 PM

Re: Yes..... I am driving in park mode!!!!!!!
 
interesting. so you lowered it to park mode first, then pulled the fuse?

careful driving over speed bumps and steep angle driveways. i've heard something scrape a couple times in parking garages going over the bumps, or in parking lots etc. maybe it was just the splash guards.

SMG1 01-23-2013 04:20 PM

Re: Yes..... I am driving in park mode!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trelos78 (Post 744999)
I had sometime to myself today and decided to try and figure out how to disable the air suspension. Looked through the manual and saw the M2 fuse controls air suspension/ELSD. Pulled the fuse out and alas air suspension disabled.....no codes.....no lights......no noises. Downside is you also disable the ELSD which means half the traction. Definitely for summers but I would not recommend it for snowy conditions!!!!! Glad to share with jeep community. I'll keep u guys posted if something goes wrong (guess i'm the guinea pig on this one)!!!!!!

I wouldn't call an open diff a summer-only type thing. You'll be fine in 99% of the snowy weather you would encounter in NYC.

trelos78 01-23-2013 06:44 PM

Re: Yes..... I am driving in park mode!!!!!!!
 
Bumps have been fine, even my driveway to garage sharp turn. As far as the open dif i guess i will find out soon enough. We might be getting some snow on Friday. I will drive it a bit and see how it handles worst case scenario I will pull over and put the fuse on.

brwolfjr 01-23-2013 08:57 PM

Re: Yes..... I am driving in park mode!!!!!!!
 
I wonder if you can do the opposite. Raise it to or2 and pull the fuse.

Hacksaw 01-23-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brwolfjr (Post 746462)
I wonder if you can do the opposite. Raise it to or2 and pull the fuse.

I think you would have trouble there...its an air ride which if doesn't have power can't inflate to keep the lift, best bet (which will create a whole new set of problems) if you want to do that is to fool the vss into thinking you are going less than the speed at which it drops...

Think Outside !- No Box Required.

SMG1 01-23-2013 09:45 PM

Re: Yes..... I am driving in park mode!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trelos78
Bumps have been fine, even my driveway to garage sharp turn. As far as the open dif i guess i will find out soon enough. We might be getting some snow on Friday. I will drive it a bit and see how it handles worst case scenario I will pull over and put the fuse on.

If you do wind up having to pull over and put the fuse in, just leave your man card on the side of whatever road you stop on :) In all seriousness though, it sounds like you'd be surprised at how well the non-ELSD GCs do in snow. Remember, they're 5,000+ pound vehicles with 2-speed transfer cases and pretty high-tech traction control systems. In fact, the only time I've been in serious snow in a WK2 was during the blizzard NY/NJ got back in December 2010. My wife's '11 V6 handled it like a champ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brwolfjr (Post 746462)
I wonder if you can do the opposite. Raise it to or2 and pull the fuse.

You'd find that the ride would be much rougher in OR2 at high speeds since the airbags would be filled.

DirtyDuc83 01-24-2013 12:43 AM

Re: Yes..... I am driving in park mode!!!!!!!
 
Wondering if this causes any excessive wear and tear on suspension components.

berk483 01-24-2013 01:05 AM

Re: Yes..... I am driving in park mode!!!!!!!
 
I would think you may see abnormal wear on your tires if you were to permanantly ride in park or one of the OR settings. I know the manual says to have it in sport mode for an alignment so I would think the geometry changes for alignment in different settings. Park and the OR height settings are not meant for extended use which may be because of the alignment and other driveline angles. Just some food for thought.

trelos78 01-24-2013 07:49 AM

Re: Yes..... I am driving in park mode!!!!!!!
 
All very valid points. I haven't noticed the car ride differently. It def habdles better now but I don't see any pulling. I will continue to monitor and keep you guys posted.

lysol 01-24-2013 01:40 PM

Re: Yes..... I am driving in park mode!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hacksaw (Post 746484)
I think you would have trouble there...its an air ride which if doesn't have power can't inflate to keep the lift, best bet (which will create a whole new set of problems) if you want to do that is to fool the vss into thinking you are going less than the speed at which it drops...

Think Outside !- No Box Required.

You think it would drop even though it's a "closed" system? Not that I would want to do it. I raised mine to OR2 the other week and drove over a speed bump and boy was that rough. the suspension hit the stops and everything lol.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community