Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   body side molding (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/body-side-molding-53420.html)

krabtree13 01-22-2013 06:25 PM

body side molding

does the body side molding attach with clips or sticky tape / i really want to remove mine .

RageOfFury 01-22-2013 06:27 PM

Re: body side molding

Sticky tape! Use some fishing line and goo gone to remove it! ;)

jgc4ever 01-22-2013 07:28 PM

Goo gone is not good at this. It took me two hours to remove the sticky behind the JEEP letters using goo gone, but mostly using my fingernail. Anything better? I wonder if lighter fluid would work, but could that damage paint?

BobsWK2 01-22-2013 07:41 PM

I don't think any manufacturer uses clips anymore.

BrandonATX 01-22-2013 09:09 PM

There was a video on YouTube that I found where a guy is debadging a dodge pickup.
I used his method. Cut it off with a fishing line and then peel the sticky off.
You pull up a corner and pull it up at a 45degree angle and keep pressure on it and it all comes off. Let me look for the video.

BrandonATX 01-22-2013 09:12 PM

Here is the link

How To Debadge A Truck THE RIGHT WAY! - YouTube

I did the same thing but I used goo gone and wax
I didn't use that stripper that he used

krabtree13 01-23-2013 05:43 PM

thanks,guys ! i know the fishing kine procedure...i just wanted to confirm the application.

DirtyDuc83 01-23-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandonATX (Post 745812)
There was a video on YouTube that I found where a guy is debadging a dodge pickup.
I used his method. Cut it off with a fishing line and then peel the sticky off.
You pull up a corner and pull it up at a 45degree angle and keep pressure on it and it all comes off. Let me look for the video.

I did mine this way without goo gone etc..to take off the tape. I did use some to take off the small amounts of adhesive residue after the tape was gone.

krabtree13 01-24-2013 06:34 PM

thanks again for the video and info.one really important thing to remember is to wait until the weather warms up(at least into the 50's)in my experience.:thumbsup:

brjp1 02-20-2013 11:13 PM

I just did this to my body side molding and all lettering on my brand new WK2. Colder the better! I took it ALL off in a matter of 15 min. Used fishing line to start off the 4 moldings just enough to get a finger underneath. Pulled with both hands kind of fast and they just popped off. Then the adhesive just pulled off like the previous video that was posted. It was about 30 degrees out. Letters literally just popped off easily and didnt even have to remove any adhisive from the body.

krabtree13 02-21-2013 06:13 PM

geez...all of my other "removals" were done in the sapring or summer.good to hear that the temp is irrelevant ! thanks