Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   HID flickering (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/hid-flickering-53457.html)

joeybadabooch 01-23-2013 08:59 PM

HID flickering

I recently installed the volt HID kit from xenondepot in my 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Ever since I installed them the bulb on the passenger side of the car flickers and shuts off randomly. I tried to solve the problem by checking all the connections and installing a relay harness but I am still having the same issue. Any of you guys have the same problem or know what could be wrong?

2005JGC 01-23-2013 09:47 PM

Re: HID flickering

kinda sounds like a ground problem... may want to verify your grounds are clean and metal on metal not metal on paint. you could also try swapping ballasts and see if the problem follows to the other side.

Silver WK 02-01-2013 09:44 PM

Buy DSP Ballast and a relay and you should be fine

Scottina06 02-02-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver WK (Post 752742)
Buy DSP Ballast and a relay and you should be fine

what is DSP? Youve posted that twice.

Xenondepot makes/sells world class products. Check and clean your grounding point.

Silver WK 02-02-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 752818)
what is DSP? Youve posted that twice.

Xenondepot makes/sells world class products. Check and clean your grounding point.

DSP "Digital Signal Processing" great feature to have in your ballast..

Scottina06 02-02-2013 03:18 PM

yeah...all quality ballasts have that and I know XD's ballasts do. But his flickering has probably to do with his grounding point.

joeybadabooch 02-02-2013 06:12 PM

The relay was grounded securely to the battery so I swapped the ballasts. Now instead of the right side flickering the left side flickers. Now my next step is going to be to contact xenon-depot and have them send me a new ballast.

Scottina06 02-02-2013 06:54 PM

You can't use the battery ground. ...

joeybadabooch 02-02-2013 09:29 PM

Grounded it to the body next to the battery, must not be complete because now the right stays on but the left doesn't come on at all. I'll mess with it more tomorrow when it stops snowing.

Silver WK 02-02-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeybadabooch (Post 753322)
Grounded it to the body next to the battery, must not be complete because now the right stays on but the left doesn't come on at all. I'll mess with it more tomorrow when it stops snowing.

Grounding to the battery is just fine
Check relay fuse might want to change them to a higher amp. I might have some extra 55w dsp ballast laying around I can send you one if needed at no cost

XenonDepot 02-08-2013 04:17 PM

joeybadabooch - Sorry to hear you are having issues with your HID kit. Most often flickering is caused by a bad connection or bad ground. Grounding to a metal to metal connection often works best compared to the battery. I would also check the fuse to make sure its properly seated in its socket

If you still having issues, please feel free to give us a call.

Danny

2005JGC 02-09-2013 04:13 PM

If the issue followed I would suspect ballast... even quality items occationally have a couple bad apples... good thing your working with a good company!