Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Diablo Sport (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/diablo-sport-53499.html)

thekoy 01-24-2013 02:19 PM

Diablo Sport

Wanted to start a thread on Diablo Sport. Now that they have support for the early WK2 it'd be good to share impressions, thoughts, and issues.

Personally I got a T1000 and couldn't wait to play with it. I loaded up the 91 tune last night and added 5% gain on the throttle. So far, I am loving it and feel a difference. :drool:

Via other threads, and my on confirmation, the selec terrain still works. I had snow on the ground this morning and Sport vs Snow was night and day.

I also changed my tire size to 275/55/20, that on the other hand has not gone so well. Seems this change has caused me to throw my ABS light (ABS still working thank god). I have tired all kinds of random things (drive in reverse 200ft, forward 100ft, wheel turns, pop fuses, ect) per the DS forums and else where in order to fix. Overall, it seems like a problem with something the tuner did.

-- Just an FYI, this was the "Gas DCX G CROM." There is a thread in the DS forums on this to get it fixed. --

Anyone else have any impressions, recommendations, or thoughts on Diablo Sport and their tunes?

DirtyDuc83 01-24-2013 05:58 PM

Re: Diablo Sport

Good info. Thanks man...hopefully they get the abs light issue resolved. Would love for the tire size adjustment to work properly. Any chances you'll be dynoing with the tune??

thekoy 01-24-2013 08:36 PM

I hope this summer to let the pro's go at it and get a really bad ass tune for me. Before I do that I need to make sure it warms up first so I don't go flying off the road. Not gonna lie, playing with a tuner right before it was going to snow was pretty dumb.

One other thing that I have picked up on. If you leave the T1000 connected, even while the jeep is off it screws with remote start and remote lock/unlock.

Seems to be a common issue according the their forums. From what I can tell their "fix" is to move the unit. So, after applying the tune, I have moved it to my glove box...

jdchamp31 01-24-2013 09:13 PM

Are you running the t1000 on the 5.7 HEMI?

thekoy 01-25-2013 07:08 AM

Yes.

And for what it is worth. Seeing as how the t1000 cuts into the range of the remote to the point that I don't keep it out. The InTune DCX is cheaper and seems to do the same thing as the t1000. To me it seems that the t1000 just has more bells and whistles. If I could go back, I'd save the $200 (if you buy retail).

trelos78 01-25-2013 07:49 AM

I have the 93 tune on my 2012 hemi and I also have the ABS light on. I have a thread on the DS forum and Mike L is investigating. Also another member here has the same problem. I am sure they will fix it eventually. I have also removed the M2 fuse and I can drive the jeep in park mode. Handles better and no codes or lights thrown. That's if your car is equipped with the QL.

BadFish 01-25-2013 09:17 AM

Hey Guys,

I picked up the DCX and installed the "diablo" tune. This is my first tuner in any car so it does take a little playing with. I had some issues initially updating the unit itself but Mike from Diablo emailed my the files I needed and then it worked fine. I used an iMac to do the updates.

I then plugged the unit in and all hell broke lose. lol! Nothing bad but just wasn't expecting that all the lights go on and off while the unit is downloading the current profile of the car. As I said, I am new to tuners.

Once it does that it asks to cycle the ignition on and off a couple times without starting but the remote does not work at this point nor the push button start. I have the 5.7L and the Summit. I popped off the push button and used the key to cycle on and off. This worked fine. The unit then has you select which program you want to install, which I did, then it cycles the car again thru the whole process. Upload, cycle key a couple times, ect. The options come up on the unit next.

I was hesitant to select any addition goodies such as spark, timing, throttle, MDS on/off, traction control. When I looked at the traction control option to maybe play with that, it comes up with a disclaimer that it will deactivate the ABS if you pick this option, so I did not pick as I did not know what I was doing there not what the outcome would be.

I do have the Volant CAI I put in but that is all for mods. If anyone has some suggestions for what other tweaks should be done to get the most out of the truck would be great.

I did up the speed limiter as I have hit the 110 before and it always felt as the truck was still pulling at that point. Disclaimer: No, I don't go those speeds often and certainly on closed roads, no traffic before I get blasted.

You can definitely feel the smoother acceleration with the tune, no throttle lag like I had before. The shifting is firmer and the drop downs occur quicker. So far, no ABS lights or warnings of any kind after I did the tune.

If anyone could recommend some of the other tweaks, I think that would be helpful to all.

Thanks,

Joe

thekoy 01-25-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadFish (Post 747383)
I then plugged the unit in and all hell broke lose. lol! Nothing bad but just wasn't expecting that all the lights go on and off while the unit is downloading the current profile of the car. As I said, I am new to tuners.

Yeah, that freaked me out too. It started to cycle warnings saying to service air suspension, parking, ect. It was all fine in the end, but a little heads up would've been nice.

So far, it seems that the ABS light is tied directly to the tire size change. I recommend staying away from that until they get things sorted out. Here is that thread for those that wanna watch or get back story: Diablosport Forums • View topic - Trinity and 2012 JGC

With regard to other tweaks, let me state that I am no gear head. I just hack everything I can get my hands on. That said, there are some other threads here that seem to recommend a richer fuel mix at WOT if you have a cold air intake. Take a look and see what you think.

WolfUAE 01-25-2013 10:27 AM

Hi All,
great to read all this interessting comments.
I bought my first GC 5.7 new in August 2012. Looking realy for a good tune to wake this car up.
I live in Dubai and it is very difficult to find somebody who can offer a good tune. I never tuned by myself, so I worry a bit to step in too easy.
If anybody knows a experienced Tuner in UAE, please let me know.
looking forward to follow up all your comments here.
greetings from the Desert...;-) Wolf:)

JEEP_JUNKIE 01-25-2013 01:58 PM

Does it allow you to remove speed restrictions for OR1/2?

Can you remove any TQ management from a dead stop?

Can you tweak traction control in specific modes?

Is the tune dealer detectable?

thekoy 01-25-2013 03:01 PM

>> Does it allow you to remove speed restrictions for OR1/2?
No, not as of the current release.

>> Can you tweak traction control in specific modes?
It is all or nothing.

>> Is the tune dealer detectable?
Diablo Sports says to either return it to stock prior to service, or let the service department know it is there and not to upgrade the PCM. I don't know exactly why, but it would seem to imply that it could cause issues.

trelos78 01-25-2013 03:50 PM

I wouldn't tell the dealer I have tuned the car. That would void your warantee. Simply return to original backup and DS claims there will be no trace. Return to tuning when you leave the dealer.