Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   chrysler 300 fogs possible fit? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/chrysler-300-fogs-possible-fit-53535.html)

DirtyDuc83 01-25-2013 12:36 AM

chrysler 300 fogs possible fit?
 
I was doing some searching for projector fogs and found replacement chrysler 300 fogs that look like they would fit and also use 9005 bulbs which should provide more output than what we have stock. The brackets also look like they would fit...aside from swapping out the connectors it looks like it would be a direct fit.

2005 - 2010, Chrysler 300 fogs
TYC 19-5829-00 Dodge/Chrysler Driver/Passenger Side Replacement Fog Light : Amazon.com : Automotive

Some better pics of these fogs here
07 Wrangler 300 Touring PT Cruiser Journey Driving Fog Light Lamp RL H New | eBay

Found these too...
http://www.carid.com/2005-chrysler-3...FUxxQgodWEAA3g

Wk2 fogs
TYC 19-5829-00 Dodge/Chrysler Driver/Passenger Side Replacement Fog Light : Amazon.com : Automotive

for about $60 for the fogs, $10 for a couple connectors and you can pick whatever color bulbs you would want...thoughts?

kennzz05 01-25-2013 01:31 AM

Re: chrysler 300 fogs possible fit?
 
the spyder ones look like they are halo as well although nothing mentioned, weird. thanks for posting

lysol 01-25-2013 08:23 AM

Re: chrysler 300 fogs possible fit?
 
I don't care for the halo on the fogs but the projector would be nice. I'm sure they are halogen projectors though. In order to put HID bulbs in them safely, you would have to open it up and cover up the slit (it allows some light above the cutoff shield for road signs because halogens don't have as much light.). then again, they are for fogs and might not have that slit at all.

Dabitz 01-25-2013 12:06 PM

Re: chrysler 300 fogs possible fit?
 
Isn't this just the housing? Do you have a link for the connectors where the bulb plugs into? Sounds like a fun project. Please keep us posted if you do it.

DirtyDuc83 01-25-2013 05:43 PM

Re: chrysler 300 fogs possible fit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lysol (Post 747358)
I don't care for the halo on the fogs but the projector would be nice. I'm sure they are halogen projectors though. In order to put HID bulbs in them safely, you would have to open it up and cover up the slit (it allows some light above the cutoff shield for road signs because halogens don't have as much light.). then again, they are for fogs and might not have that slit at all.

Not a fan of the halo either. I would bypass it and either remove them or cover them up. In halogen form they should still produce more output than the crappy setup we have now.

Even the 9005/9006 versions should be much better.

DirtyDuc83 01-25-2013 05:47 PM

Re: chrysler 300 fogs possible fit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabitz (Post 747496)
Isn't this just the housing? Do you have a link for the connectors where the bulb plugs into? Sounds like a fun project. Please keep us posted if you do it.

The 9005/9006 connectors are pretty easy to find on ebay or amazon. Would just need to splice in the connectors.

DirtyDuc83 01-25-2013 06:39 PM

Re: chrysler 300 fogs possible fit?
 
http:// http://www.300cforums.com/forums/lighting-discussion/83836-fog-light-mod-how-w-pics-copy-moved-diy.html

A DIY. I assume the projector housing is the same. Looks like it would be pretty easy to remove the halo.

FAUEE 01-26-2013 09:47 PM

Re: chrysler 300 fogs possible fit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDuc83 (Post 747712)
http:// http://www.300cforums.com/forums/lighting-discussion/83836-fog-light-mod-how-w-pics-copy-moved-diy.html

A DIY. I assume the projector housing is the same. Looks like it would be pretty easy to remove the halo.

I'm digging this idea. Would make a real nice looking DRL having some LED halos around the fogs. It'd be unique and I think would look nice.

My concern would be that we have some very low power foglights, meaning we likely have very small wiring to the fogs. Would probably be one of those things that really you'd need to run a relay and a new power line for.

kennzz05 01-26-2013 11:47 PM

Re: chrysler 300 fogs possible fit?
 
if you run hids they use less wattage than standard bulbs with the exception of startup

Jrunr 02-01-2013 07:02 PM

Re: chrysler 300 fogs possible fit?
 
Has anyone tried these in a WK2 yet?

spyder5627 02-13-2013 06:25 PM

Re: chrysler 300 fogs possible fit?
 
I ordered them and it fits perfect, just had to change the connection pigtail to 9005 everything else is the same...;)

DirtyDuc83 02-13-2013 06:30 PM

Re: chrysler 300 fogs possible fit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spyder5627 (Post 759560)
I ordered them and it fits perfect, just had to change the connection pigtail to 9005 everything else is the same...;)

Thanks for testing them out!! Any pics or reviews in change of brightness?? This should provide us many additional bulb options also. I will prob go back to some french yellow bulbs in fogs.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community