Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f196/)
-   -   Just fitted K&N FIPK and cat back exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f196/just-fitted-k-and-n-fipk-and-cat-back-exhaust-53547.html)

Mibridger 01-25-2013 09:55 AM

Just fitted K&N FIPK and cat back exhaust

Hi folks,

I am from UK, had my WJ for a few months now and starting to modify it.

I just fitted a K&N FIPK to go with my stainless exhaust system, I have removed the big Catalyst as I run my Jeep on LPG on long trips, so should have no problems with emissions.

First impressions on the FIPK, well, you can certainly hear what the engine is doing now, it doesnt feel much different as far as throttle response though, time will tell.

I would be interested to hear from any UK WJ owners regarding ECU mods you may have done, it seems that most of the ECU programmers are not available in the UK, I guess I could import one, SCT is looking favourite at the moment.

Bye for now,

Mark.
http://www.jeepgarage.org/images/ima...ttons/edit.gif

hoffmanestates 01-27-2013 10:06 AM

Best bet is a sct

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

JeepFreak12 01-28-2013 06:05 AM

Re: Just fitted K&N FIPK and cat back exhaust

I am currently working on a tune with FlyinRyan at SCT and they are the best! Well worth the money.

Mibridger 01-29-2013 11:02 AM

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has a WJ with the K&N FIPK fitted who is also running LPG, I know, you probably all laugh, but petrol is over $10 per gallon here in UK, so I run LPG as it's just over half the cost.

I am looking to remap the ECU on my Jeep, but currently wondering whether to remap the LPG controller or the standard ECU.

If anyone on here has a similar setup, I would love to hear from you.

My LPG system is a Prins VSI by the way, they are made in Holland by prins and use Keihin LPG injectors.

Kind regards,

Mark.

hoffmanestates 01-30-2013 07:53 PM

Don't worry petrol in u.s.a is almost $5 Gallon atleast here in chicago

JeepFreak12 01-31-2013 06:05 AM

$5! Holy crap. Its only $3.45 a gallon here in michigan and thats high lol.

hoffmanestates 01-31-2013 02:31 PM

Premium is at 4.20-4.50

JeepFreak12 01-31-2013 04:20 PM

I just filled up this morning and i paid $3.62 a gallon for my premium.

hoffmanestates 01-31-2013 09:15 PM

I was.going to fuel the wrx but pffffff $4.35 premium shell ouch!

Martyp 02-01-2013 02:37 PM

I've had both the Superchips and SCT on mine. Unfortunately, I never really got very far with the SCT before I scrapped the Jeep. Here are my 2c on them both though:

SCT:
+ Fully tailored tune to your car so you will get the most gains
+ Tune can be adjusted with each mod
+ Ryan @ FRP is a brilliant guy to deal with

- Ideally you need a datalogger to get the most out of the tune (Look at Innovate LM-2 w/wideband O2)
- Not quite as easy as the Superchips to use w/regards to tuning the car

I'd recommend the SCT tuner if you really want to do some proper mods to your motor down the line (F&B TB, Cams, '08 HO Intake, or FI).

Superchips

+ Pick the Performance or Towing tune and hit go
+ Cheaper as no data logger required
+ Great gains for a basic bolt-on motor

- Limited in respects to how far you can mod
- Set tunes which can not be customised

I'd recommend the Superchips if all you want to do is K&N intake/hi-flow cat + cat-back/ported TB. You'll notice the extra power, slightly better economy (when not planting it), from something that takes 2 mins to do.

So that's my 2c. Can't recommend one or the other depending on how far you want to go with modifying the motor.

HTH

JeepFreak12 02-01-2013 03:23 PM

Marty! I had some issues with that tuner i bought from you, sent it in for repairs so no big deal. I ended up buying the LM2 by innovate and me and Ryan have been working on tunes for quite awhile now.

Martyp 02-01-2013 04:19 PM

How's the build going!?!

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with the SCT tuner, hope it was repaired F.O.C. The LM2 is an excellent bit of kit, bit over my head but certainly covers everything.

Ryan is such a great guy to deal with, glad to hear you two are getting some tunes knocked out for the 4.7!