Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tech Tips/DIY/How To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/)
-   -   removal of overhead console 2013 jeep grand cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/removal-of-overhead-console-2013-jeep-grand-cherokee-53558.html)

gatolares 01-25-2013 12:37 PM

removal of overhead console 2013 jeep grand cherokee

:confused: Hi every one. i just purchased a 2013 grand cherokee V8. Love it. i purchased a LED kit for the interior lights, but and looks great. but i dont know how to remove the overhead console to replace the 4 bulbs on it. i attempted just to remove the plastic covers of the consoles but the bulbs are to tinny and difficult to remove that i wonder if i need to remove the console and the acess the bulbs from behind.

Coyld anyone have done this before?

Scottina06 01-25-2013 01:00 PM

Re: removal of overhead console 2013 jeep grand cherokee

WELCOME to the JeepGarage family!!!

gatolares 01-25-2013 01:13 PM

Hi Scottina06 can you help me on this? These are the only set of bulbs that need to change from the interior of the car to have the total LED look inside.

SMG1 01-26-2013 11:42 AM

Here's a link to the Interior Trim Removal section of the WK2 Jeeps website. The overhead console instructions are in the pdf link on that page.

gatolares 01-26-2013 09:36 PM

thanks a lot for the link provided. It was very helpful and finally i could remove the overhead lamp safetly. Just one advise for those of you who attemp to repalce the OEM interior lights in the overhead console for some coool LED kit. In the grand cherokee 2013 you can only remove the main bulb (the one that you activate by depressing the transparent plastic cover in the console). The other bulb the one that is activated by pressing the black button in the console it just a tinny light attached with a filament to an electric circuit board.

Unabomber 01-27-2013 08:42 PM

Yeah, I recently just did this. Basically I just ran my hands between the plastic housing and the headliner starting by the windshield, and slid them back until I could tell where the first clips were. I basically just yanked it straight down, and the whole thing popped off lol.

unimatrixzer0 08-24-2013 11:17 PM

So the whole overhead console will detach from the headliner buy just yanking it down?

Is the headline pretty much flush with the roof or is there a gap in between? Was thinking of sticking something about the size of a deck of cards up there. Well, maybe more the size of a Gameboy Color.