Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Start jeep through phone (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/start-jeep-through-phone-53588.html)

SeaRay 01-25-2013 09:08 PM

Start jeep through phone

Is there any possible way to start your jeep through an app, and check tire psi,gas level, notifications, unlock doors? I just saw an ad for buick with onstar that allows you to do this?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

jdchamp31 01-25-2013 10:03 PM

One thing you can do is go with a Viper SmartStart system. It will only give you remote start but you can do it from any phone that supports the app.

SMG1 01-26-2013 09:31 AM

The new Uconnect system in the '14 will allow you to do that, but we can't (at least not from the factory).

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

rosado057 01-26-2013 10:18 AM

If you look into getting the viper it's a monthly fee for the service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FAUEE 01-26-2013 01:09 PM

Re: Start jeep through phone

It's a monthly fee for all services like this. The vehicle requires a cellular connection and that isn't free.

Never understood the fascination with doing this people have. It's very gimmicky to me, and I don't see the benefit.

RageOfFury 01-27-2013 02:08 PM

Back in the XJ days, you could remote start it with this type of phone:

:p

stashgto 01-27-2013 03:42 PM

I can with my Compustar

carlosmp 01-29-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAUEE (Post 748078)
It's a monthly fee for all services like this. The vehicle requires a cellular connection and that isn't free.

Never understood the fascination with doing this people have. It's very gimmicky to me, and I don't see the benefit.

well when its -32c outside and you are a few blocks away, its nice to have your jeep warm by the time you get there.
and for those as paranoid as I am, locking it from far away and receiving alerts from the alarm system would be very nice.

berk483 01-29-2013 04:50 PM

Albeit a neat feature, I wouldn't pay a monthly fee for the service. The remote start works far enough away for my needs.

FAUEE 01-29-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosmp (Post 750257)
well when its -32c outside and you are a few blocks away, its nice to have your jeep warm by the time you get there.
and for those as paranoid as I am, locking it from far away and receiving alerts from the alarm system would be very nice.

What you really need is some sorta Knightrider shit where the car will drive over to you and pick you up with the heater blasting.

AKHLK 01-29-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAUEE (Post 750429)
What you really need is some sorta Knightrider shit where the car will drive over to you and pick you up with the heater blasting.

That's actually already being developed, saw a video of it on a news web site recently. Vehicle drops you off and parks itself, then come back to you when you're ready. No cool Knightrider lights or sound though.

Hacksaw 01-29-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKHLK (Post 750456)
That's actually already being developed, saw a video of it on a news web site recently. Vehicle drops you off and parks itself, then come back to you when you're ready. No cool Knightrider lights or sound though.

First Mod Alert...scrolling led's on the grill and an audio recording of an ultrasound playing back through the alarm horn !

Think Outside !- No Box Required.