Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   heated seats stopped? help please. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/heated-seats-stopped-help-please-53615.html)

justin-overland 01-26-2013 02:05 PM

heated seats stopped? help please.

so my heated seats stopped working. when u hit the button nothing happens no lights no heat nothing. about 1 in 15 days they will magically work but once i shut the truck off they wont work again for a long wile.?????:confused:

dr.lee.baugh 01-26-2013 03:07 PM

Re: heated seats stoped? help please.

How old is your battery?

I believe the heated seats will not turn on unless the battery charge is at a sufficient level.

When my battery first started going, I noticed immediately after starting the Jeep the heated seats wouldn't work. After a few minutes of running (and presumably the battery charging), they would come on. Two weeks later, replaced the battery and they have been fine ever since.

justin-overland 01-26-2013 03:29 PM

i will check. kinda makes sense cuz the only time they work is after driving atleast two hours.

justin-overland 01-26-2013 05:05 PM

batt tested at 12.63v idk if thats to low or not. but it is pretty old

ALPINEST4RS 01-29-2013 12:31 PM

Is it both sides? Or just driver? Chances are you have a bad element in the seat,failing module, or a burnt connector. I went aftermarker with my heaters when I did my leather. OEM stuff is CHEAP and paper thin.

justin-overland 02-02-2013 05:22 PM

Re: heated seats stopped? help please.

its both nothing happens at all

justin-overland 03-18-2013 03:24 PM

i still can figur this out. its not a fuse atleast that i can find. 90% of the time they dont work. the switches dont light up nothing happens. neve ever dose one work and the dosent they always never work together. 10% of the time when they do work they work perfict. some times it feels like it way hotter than it should be tho

Switchback 03-19-2013 12:06 PM

Yea, mine are hit or miss on startup, It may or may not turn on when I first start the vehicle, however when I drive for about 3 or so minutes they work fine. I probably have a bad voltage.

justin-overland 03-19-2013 01:22 PM

If mine don't turn on then they won't turn on ay all even on a 4000miles trip to the keys and back they worked once. once the truck was turned off they didn't work again

JMLoughrey 03-24-2013 09:15 PM

id start by checking your connections under the seats. See if youre getting any voltage down there for starters, connections are good. Might be worth a shot to pick up a new switch bank, could be a bad switch.

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-26-2013 06:30 PM

the heated seats are controls from a box under the passengers seat. disconnect the battery and remove the wire and plug it back it. reconnect and you should be good to go. i had mine go out once and it turns out the wire was loose.