Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Smelly JGC WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/smelly-jgc-wk2-53770.html)

Ozzie 01-29-2013 12:39 AM

Smelly JGC WK2

Hi All,
I have had my vehicle since Oct 2012. It is a 3Lt diesel. I am wrapped with it, it has travelled 7500 Kms. The only issue I have with this vehicle is a engine fumes entering the cabin via the air ducts. This gets worst when the fan is running and even worst when there is a burn off in the particulate filter. I have had this problem since 400kms. Jeep have attempted to correct this issue but to date have failed. I believe that it is and exhaust leak that gets into the air intake for the cabin. I would ask if anyone has had a similar problem to this and how did you overcome this.
This problem takes the shine off owning what is a very nice vehicle.
Please help. :mad:

SnoFire 01-29-2013 06:48 AM

Re: Smelly JGC WK2

Take it to the dealer!! This is a big problem if you are having exhaust fumes inside the cabin.

AussieJeep 01-30-2013 03:40 AM

Yes I agree, take it back to the dealer, its a health and safety issue, on long trips it could send you to sleep not to mention what else the fumes are doing to you and your family, be firm and tell them it has an exhaust leak and must be fixed. All the best.

Ozzie 01-30-2013 04:23 AM

Thanks , but I have tried but with little success. It appears that I am getting the cold shoulder, but have been talking to my lawyer and he appears to be ready to help.:mad:

Hacksaw 01-30-2013 09:14 AM

You need to go beyond the dealer at this point and contact Chrysler in Detroit.

Think Outside !- No Box Required.

AAAA 01-30-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzie (Post 750686)
Thanks , but I have tried but with little success. It appears that I am getting the cold shoulder, but have been talking to my lawyer and he appears to be ready to help.:mad:

Sure he is, for an hourly rate.

ChrisOC 02-04-2013 01:55 AM

I can't say that I had a similar smell or exhaust fumes in my car, but I definitely had a weird smell in my jeep last week when I turned on the ac. I got the jeep during the summer, so I ran the ac all the time, then last week we had a semi heat wave where I needed the ac again, and after the month or more of not using the ac, it smelled different (I know, huge run on sentance). I still can't tell you what that smell is like, but the service rep said it smells like plastics. So, jeep cleaned my ac unit, some pan, and deodorized the system. They said it is fixed but I haven't had weather where I can really check to see if I don't get that smell again (I mean hot temps to use the ac), so we shall see.

Ps, it didn't smell like mold or rotten eggs like they hoped. Maybe I'll open up my own thread on it.

Edit; I should add that I had no smell when the heater is on or when the temp outside was the temp I had auto set at 70.