Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   I want to change my grille...first (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/i-want-to-change-my-grille-first-53831.html)

adam21 01-29-2013 11:00 PM

I want to change my grille...first

Hey guys I just signed up today. I just got a 2013 laredo with E package. I want to start doing things to it. first thing i want to do is change the grille and grille inserts. i want it to look like the Alititude. black grille and chrome diamond cut. feel free to shoot some advice like where to buy the parts or how to go about this. trying not to spend too much lol. thanks for any input :)

akimball 01-29-2013 11:13 PM

Re: I want to change my grille...first

i believe justforjeeps.com sells them... check them out.

adam21 01-29-2013 11:22 PM

yea i see this one Black Altitude Edition Grill - Item # 1ZW79DX8AA & 1ZW79AXRAA for 430$ thats a little too much for me. is it possibe to but this one Black Altitude Edition Grill - Item # 1ZW79DX8AA & 1ZW79AXRAA and just paint it?

Robey5 02-01-2013 05:05 PM

Both links are the same: $430...

I am in the same place you are: it looks sweet, but not $430 sweet...

trent88 02-01-2013 07:40 PM

i felt the same way as both of you guys, but then i finally couldn't take it any more and just spent the money! i also bought the rear lift gate handle for justforjeeps. use code jeepgarage5 for 5% off or if you call and talk to peter and tell him your a member on here he will give you a discount. Peter and justforjeeps.com has great customer service. great place to get all your jeep parts/products.

Raptor 02-01-2013 08:14 PM

You can do much better, price wise, with several online Mopar dealers;

Mopar Part Number Search offers part# 1ZW79DX8AA for $345.00

Jeep Parts - Mopar Parts ~ OEM Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Plymouth Parts lists the same grill for $363.00

It pays to shop around! :thumbsup: These are only two examples, there are more if you look!

Megatron 02-01-2013 08:29 PM

car-part.com

Got some goodies from there!

DirtyDuc83 02-01-2013 11:51 PM

I don't think anyone that has dropped the cash on the black grill or rear brow has regretted it. I haven't :)

Raptor 02-02-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDuc83 (Post 752800)
I don't think anyone that has dropped the cash on the black grill or rear brow has regretted it. I haven't :)

Me either!

The brilliant black Altitude parts totally changed the look of my Overland Summit! :thumbsup:

Scottina06 02-02-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor (Post 752695)
You can do much better, price wise, with several online Mopar dealers;

Mopar Part Number Search offers part# 1ZW79DX8AA for $345.00

Jeep Parts - Mopar Parts ~ OEM Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Plymouth Parts lists the same grill for $363.00

It pays to shop around! :thumbsup: These are only two examples, there are more if you look!

yeah...good luck with those crappy, generic trademotion sites. Here today....gone tomorrow. Order your parts, wait weeks, 0 customer service, 0 inventory....no contact info....0 anything.

Raptor 02-02-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 752833)
yeah...good luck with those crappy, generic trademotion sites. Here today....gone tomorrow. Order your parts, wait weeks, 0 customer service, 0 inventory....no contact info....0 anything.

What are you suggesting? Pay more for the exaxt same OEM Mopar parts?

Many of us have used these sites with great success and saved a lot of money! Most of them are authorized Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealers. Some may be better than others.

The parts guys at several local dealers price match online prices if they really want my business..... and they get it!

Your favorite forum parts vendor and the 10% discount he offers isn't very much in the scheme of things. Anyone can do better than that; all they have to do is try a little!!

Scottina06 02-02-2013 12:59 PM

yep...I would pay a little more for the BEST customer service on the planet! No worries about returns if damaged in shipping! You can actually CALL and talk to a LIVE person...instead of waiting days....weeks on returned emails. They also carry a HUGE stock of parts instead of drop shipping from detroit....etc. BUT the most important thing with JustforJeeps...they supported this forum when NO ONE else would. Justforjeeps is one of the reasons this forum is here. You can also CALL justforjeeps and get a much better than advertised price and many members will attest to that.