Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Lead time & Discount for 2014 Order

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Andoskyy 
#1 ·
I appologize if this has already been answered somewhere, I couldn't find it when searching. I looking to order a 14 Overland. Looking at the pricing thread, MSRP for an Overland 4x4 with Hemi, Adv Tech Group, Quadra Drive II, and CD player is $51,870, Invoice is $49,076. I am about to call the dealer that I bought my Power Wagon from last year and see about ordering.

Is 2% off invoice an unreasonable offer on my end? This would bring the purchase price to a little over $48k. Also, what kind of load time am I looking at? Having a baby in July and don't want to be messing with vehicle stuff after about May. 8-12 weeks would be great.

I've bought several new vehicles over the years including my 2012 Power Wagon about a year ago, but this is my first time ordering.

#2 ·
Look at the sticky on 2014 pricing and ordering information....lots of good stuff.

For a quick answer, yes...2% is not unreasonable. I just ordered a 2104 overland with no additional options for 2% under invoice. Called about 6 dealers total. 3 wouldn't even quote a 2014, 1 bid was high, and 2 dealers fought it out.

Still not sure of lead time, but I was told about 6 weeks. I'm in no rush though...if I get it April i'll be happy. One less Massachusetts winter it'll see.

#4 ·
2% isn't unreasonable but some dealers won't even do 1%. If you have the affiliate discount, then you should be able to get the 1%. So getting the extra 1% (to make it 2%) shouldn't be so bad. Should you have it by May, I would sure hope so (I would say Early-Mid April).

I emailed alot of dealers and will order when the option becomes available on Feb 5th at 5% under invoice plus 4 "no charge" oil changes..

#6 ·
When you email the dealers, what do you do? Just send your best offer to the main email line for the dealer or do you find someone in particular to send it to? What exactly do you send to them?

After talking to my small town dealer that I used last year, they are under the impression that they can't order one until the last quarter of the year, not sure why. She is supposed to get with the real sales manager and call back Monday to let me know what they can do. That dealer is about 100 miles away from me but they are eager to earn my repeat business on second $50k+ vehicle. I have 3 big dealers here in Tulsa that I would like to email and see what they can do but I'm not sure the best method to go about that? Looking for advise from those that have had success. With a near $52k MSRP, it's going to take about a $5k discount to make me jump.

#7 ·
I went to Jeeps website and found all the dealers in the area that I wanted to look at. Then went to the dealers sites and either emailed the Sales manager or just filled out the contact form. In my email I just stated what I wanted to buy and that other dealers are working the same deal. Once I got emails back from them I would see what their offer was. If it was at say Invoice, I would inform them that I have an offer of 2% under invoice. With this dealer who offered 5% he first came back with Invoice. I told him if he wanted by business he had to match or beat 4% (which I got at 2 different dealers) and he came back with that. I never said anything about affiliate pricing. If they wouldn't budge from invoice, I would then say something about affiliate but they wouldn't really go any lower than that.

#9 ·
I never called 1 dealer, everything was done by email and even made a spreadsheet of all the dealers, offers, fees, sales people, and other comments they made. I wanted to make sure I had everything when it came time to make a decision. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

#10 ·
So your day job is Jeep buying negotiations? Lol. So the best you've been offered is 4% under invoice? That's pretty impressive.

#11 ·
I'm THE NEGOTIATOR!!! lol.. The deal I have with a local dealer is 5% under and 4 "no charge" oil changes.

there are 2 other dealers that are 4-4.3% under invoice. Weck is well aware of this as well (we've been working together on this)

#16 ·
Nope the dealer only knew it was just me. After the quote he gave me, I told one of the other guys who was looking as well.

#14 ·
SnoFire, who is the dealer you have received this deal? I am in Milwaukee and will be ordering 14' Overland soon. I will appreciate if you can share some contact info. You can also pm me if you like.

Thanks!

#17 ·
4-5% under is definitely a fantastic deal and I'm jealous. I wonder how many other dealers in the country are willing to give that sort of deal. My guess is not many -- I think 5% under means they don't get to keep any of their holdback either. I guess they figure it's worth it to increase their sales for the month/year and they're still making some money on the doc fee and perhaps elsewhere. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.