Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tech Tips/DIY/How To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/)
-   -   Frustated by MOPAR supply chain/Rock Rails (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/frustated-by-mopar-supply-chain-rock-rails-53881.html)

Wxchaser 01-30-2013 03:09 PM

Frustated by MOPAR supply chain/Rock Rails

So - before Christmas wanted to order rock rails for the '12 GC Overland - 59 were on back order, so I did not place an order.

After Christmas at the beginning of January, inquired and finally ordered the rock rails, with an ETA of delivery of January 31st. Today I called & was told they won't show up until at least February 13th. Apparently there still are none in the pipeline, and I'll be amazed if they even show up by March or April.

Just finding the experience very frustrating as you would think there would be some type of stock or production.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Alaska-HWY JK 01-30-2013 03:21 PM

Re: Frustated by MOPAR supply chain/Rock Rails

It took at least 2 months to get mine, I got them in May. Way up here in Canada. They seem to be getting popular. Maybe not as much as the shark fin but still in demand.

Wxchaser 01-30-2013 04:14 PM

Thanks, maybe there is hope at the end of the tunnel. I never thought it would be this hard to source rock rails for a Grand Cherokee, figuring they weren't that much in demand since most people never do serious 4 wheeling in them.

Todd3.6 01-30-2013 08:42 PM

Suggestion?
Cancel your order, get your money back and order from Rocky Road Outfitters
Jeep Rockrails / Rock Sliders / Rocker panel protection, ZJ, WJ, WK, WK2

Bart Man 01-30-2013 09:21 PM

Did you ask your dealer to do a search ?? I had gone through the same process (ordered mine in December) :mad::mad: and then I had my dealer look around to see if anyone actually has them,, well low and behold there was a dealer in Illinois that had TWO sets, I could have ordered from them direct but I would have had to pay for shipping , so to get my dealer to order them I had to pay for them in full and they came in a week!!!:thumbsup: , and installed 1 day later ;), the bigest kicker to the story is that they didnt even come from the dealer in Illinois !!:confused:,,

So what I would recommend is going or calling your local dealer and have them do the same! it worked for me , Good Luck!

Not to rub it in but these are mine!:D

[IMG]http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps0ff4f62b.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps6a10e809.jpg[/IMG]

Alaska-HWY JK 01-30-2013 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I didn't want to rub it in either but you gave me no choice.

Wxchaser 01-31-2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK (Post 751346)
I didn't want to rub it in either but you gave me no choice.

You guys! The rock rails were meant to rub :rolleyes:

Actually in December - Milous and my dealership found some rock rails, but the shipping costs were about $140 to my location on top of the price of the rock rails - thought that was a bit steep. On the other hand, I would have had them installed for a month by now too.

Bart Man - yours look good on your rig. I've seen Alaska-Hwy JK's before.

Bart Man 01-31-2013 11:02 AM

Thanks!,,:cool: but they can ship dealer to dealer, for free,, the dealer will pick up the cost! If you want them the other dealers can't horde them up, it worked for me!

Wxchaser 01-31-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bart Man (Post 751603)
Thanks!,,:cool: but they can ship dealer to dealer, for free,, the dealer will pick up the cost! If you want them the other dealers can't horde them up, it worked for me!

I will call them this afternoon & see if it's even a possibility, thanks.

Wxchaser 01-31-2013 03:04 PM

If Chrysler generates the order (for something in stock over a year at a dealership), they ship under a special handling order and don't charge for shipping. Otherwise what I was told is that the customer has to pay freight from one location to their own dealership.

The only rock rails in stock were in Norwood, Massachusetts and at Westbury Jeep in Jericho, NY. Total of two rock rails in stock nationwide!

:(

Bart Man 01-31-2013 10:27 PM

There has to be a way! :mad: maybe try a different dealer and try it again!:rolleyes:

Wxchaser 02-01-2013 05:13 PM

I don't think that is going to work. I am attempting to be patient, prefer the Mopar rails to the RRO ones since they extend full length of the side of the GC.