Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Laredo tyres at delivery (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/laredo-tyres-at-delivery-53889.html)

TroyD 01-30-2013 05:15 PM

Laredo tyres at delivery

We picked up our 2012 Laredo CRD two weeks ago from the dealer.

They'd put themselves under the pump to get it off the boat, tinted, paint protected and tow bar fitted all within a week. We ended up waiting about 2 hours at the dealer for them to finish up, I even went for a drive with the sales man so he could put some fuel in before they handed it over (3/4 of a tank, not too bad). Next day we set off on a slow Melbourne - Sydney trip (via every B-road we could take)

We've just got home and while I was giving the car a clean following the trip I noticed that the spare is a Kuhmo and the other four wheels are Michellin Lattitudes.

Am I meant to have Kuhmos on all four feet? Should I keep the Lattitudes?

John47 01-30-2013 07:24 PM

Re: Laredo tyres at delivery

It seems that the export WK2's with 18" wheels are now getting Michelin Latitudes in lieu of the Kumho's that have been fitted in the past. Lots of people (including me) thought the Kumho's wore very quickly, they are a very light construction tyre - don't think you would be any worse off with the Latitudes.
You've probably noticed the spare is a different size (245x65x18) rather than the 265x60x18 that are on the road wheels and this is why Jeep may be still throwing the Kumho in the back.
I don't see it as an issue, you really can't rotate the spare through the other wheels, leave the Kumho where it is and hope it dies of old age.

Swampy 01-30-2013 09:50 PM

Just as a matter of interest, which of the Lattidude family are they? ie Tour HP?

GMWK2 01-30-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Am I meant to have Kuhmos on all four feet? Should I keep the Lattitudes?
As long as you think of the Kuhmos as a space saver to just get you to a tyre dealer the next day, I think it is fine. But if you are travelling to remote areas where you may not be able to get a replacement Lattitude you might want to consider getting a full size spare.

TroyD 01-31-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swampy (Post 751317)
Just as a matter of interest, which of the Lattidude family are they? ie Tour HP?

Latitude Tour - http://www.michelinman.com/tire-sele...r/tire-details

Definitely no HP on the sidewall

TroyD 02-01-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Just plain Lattitude Tour's - http://www.michelinman.com/tire-sele...r/tire-details. Definitely no HP.

TroyD 02-02-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Just plain Lattitude Tour's, no HP on the sidewall - Latitude Tour | Michelin Tires

TroyD 02-03-2013 05:10 AM

Sorry about the multiple posts. I didn't get the "this post must be moderated" message on my tablet for some reason.

retired 02-03-2013 06:41 AM

Be happy that you don't have the Kumho KL21 fitted to the Jeep .... wear out very quickly ...will be interesting to see how the Michelin Latitudes go ..can't be any worse than the kumho's

Jeep_addicted 02-03-2013 12:43 PM

The latitudes will last longer than the KL21's but these same michelins are prone to the tread block tearing appart in chunks.

THe front tyres on my laredo are doing it, then I noticed the front tires on a Buick Enclave with the same tire doing the same thing.

I am guesing that becasue of this I will have to replace them long before the advertised treadware.

Another thing to note is that the Kuhmo were V rated so they may have been softer tread compound these michelins are only T rated so it is possible that your Grand Cherokee now had the 115 mph governed top speed like the US spec models with these tyres.

BobT 02-07-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired (Post 753459)
Be happy that you don't have the Kumho KL21 fitted to the Jeep .... wear out very quickly ...will be interesting to see how the Michelin Latitudes go ..can't be any worse than the kumho's

Agreed! You would be wise to consider the Kumhos definitely as "sealed road only" tyres. I destroyed mine in 10,000km by daring to do a bit of off-road. I suspect the Latitudes are better but no by much.

Roachy 02-08-2013 01:58 AM

I have found that all tyres on new cars wear out fairly rapidly. I am pretty sure you will find that they are made to the manufacturers price they are willing to pay ie cheap and do not have the same amount of tread etc as the ones you would get from a tyre shop.