Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   A Small Thing That Improves Night Driving! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/a-small-thing-that-improves-night-driving-53891.html)

MikeBoom 01-30-2013 05:42 PM

A Small Thing That Improves Night Driving!

Since the day I got it, the headlight/foglight/high beam indicators on my WK2 have driven me nuts . . . they're much too bright.

I just put LightDims cutouts over the offending indicators last week, and it makes driving at night so much better!

LightDims: Dim Led Lights, Halos Around Lights For Light Sensitive Eyes!

yoda42 01-30-2013 06:10 PM

Nice find Mike
Just ordered a set
Thanks Yoda

GBJeep 01-30-2013 07:13 PM

Re: A Small Thing That Improves Night Driving!

Cool- What a good idea!

yocubed 01-30-2013 10:11 PM

This sure is an interesting concept, I have a stereo receiver in my bedroom that bothers me at night sometimes. Might need to try these out to see how well they'll work

The LIGHTDIMS Store

MikeBoom 01-31-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yocubed (Post 751333)
This sure is an interesting concept, I have a stereo receiver in my bedroom that bothers me at night sometimes. Might need to try these out to see how well they'll work

The LIGHTDIMS Store

Probably just what you need. There are two versions...the dimming version and some that totally black out the offending light source. They're cheap, easy to use, and--at least in my instance--they work.

Jeepin' Moose 01-31-2013 01:15 PM

Awesome. Thanks for finding these. Just the other day I was trying to figure out where to get a small piece of window tint to cover that area.

I found a link on their website that if you like them on Facebook/Twitter you get a pack for free. Paid a total of $1.99 for shipping and handling. Can't argue with that kind of deal.

MikeBoom 01-31-2013 07:48 PM

Just an FYI...I tried to use a rectangular cutout and just couldn't get it. Dooooh. The circular cutouts proved easier to apply.

DirtyDuc83 01-31-2013 08:26 PM

Any pics of them applied? Im picturing tinted dots on the gauges and not feelin that look.

MikeBoom 02-01-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDuc83 (Post 752075)
Any pics of them applied? Im picturing tinted dots on the gauges and not feelin that look.

I can take a photo. The area where the indicator lights are located is matte black. They're barely noticeable, unless you scrunch down and look for them.

zmilin 02-01-2013 10:39 AM

At first I though about laughing really hard then I counted 24 LEDs in my living space... so I ordered a sheet.

Nice find!

kkreit01 02-01-2013 02:02 PM

Some people are annoyed by trivial things. I can see dimming the stereo at night, but small dash lights don't bother me. It would bother me more to have 1-2 black dots on my display during the day :). It is a neat product.

DirtyDuc83 02-01-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeBoom (Post 752421)
I can take a photo. The area where the indicator lights are located is matte black. They're barely noticeable, unless you scrunch down and look for them.

Photo would be great, thanks.