Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   New owner, few questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/new-owner-few-questions-53905.html)

bartsitarski 01-30-2013 07:47 PM

New owner, few questions

Hey guys! As of last weekend, I jumped into the Jeep world with a 2012 GC Laredo 4X4. Out of the multitude of cars that I have owned, the last 7 or so were VWs, last one being a 2007 Passat. This leads me to a couple questions. 1) Is there a tool out there similar to the VAG-COM that allows you to diagnose issues, read performance, and make ECU changes like turning off DRL, enabling various functions, etc.? 2) What would you guys recommend for a remote start for this truck and what is the cost that i am looking at? Nothing fancy, just want to point out the window and warm her up on a 10 degree Chicago day. Thanks in advance! BTW, new to here but was pretty active on VW Vortex and Passat World before jumping off the VW wagen ;)

akimball 01-30-2013 11:35 PM

Re: New owner, few questions

Welcome to jeep garage!

bartsitarski 01-31-2013 02:18 PM

Thanks for the welcome. Suprised that no one chimed in yet on the questions.

RageOfFury 01-31-2013 02:33 PM

Welcome!

1) Not that I know of. Somehow I doubt such a system exists for Jeeps.

2) If I were to install a remote start system in my Laredo, I'd go with the one from Jeep due to how seamless it is. Check with your dealer.

Aiyer 01-31-2013 02:34 PM

No pictures of your Jeep = No answers! :)

Padgett would be able to answer your first question and for your second question, run a quick search. You will find plenty of answers regarding remote start.

Congrats and welcome!

Cheers,
-A

ColdCase 01-31-2013 02:41 PM

Diablo makes the only devices that a consumer can use to adjust/program the ECU that I know of, dunno if it can do what you want. There has been plenty of changes since 2007 to lock down vehicle computers, making it difficult to program.

There are a wide variety of devices, however, that plug into the ODB port and will give you performance and diagnostic data.

I'm going to guess you received little response as you questions are pretty simple to search for, and there have been numerous discussion on the subjects.

kkreit01 01-31-2013 03:11 PM

The DiabloSport tuner will only work if you have a Hemi. If you have a Pentastar, you are out of luck. I would wait awhile on the Intune. They appear to be real buggy initially.

I'd go with Mopar remote start as well. It's designed to work with your existing electronics. Ours came with it, and it has worked flawlessly the few times I've used it.

bartsitarski 01-31-2013 03:36 PM

Thanks guys. I did do a search and read a lot for RS but didnt get specific answer I was looking for. Will be calling jeep dealer this afternoon. Pics coming soon.