Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Talk me into trading up to the V8 :)

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  lysol 
#1 · (Edited)
Stopped in the dealer today for an oil change and went into the showroom. Basically I can trade my X for a limited for $50 to $80 less a month. I'm just not sure I will like the V8 enough more to extend my loan. Any regrets from the upgraders?

Edit - huh i just saw the 2014 has some major changes. Wonder if I should wait.

#2 ·
50-80 LESS? How you are coming out of an X and into a Limited V-8 for less?
I love the power of the V-8 - the towing capacity, the power on the highway to pass with out crossing my fingers I don't get creamed by the semi when I pull out into traffic.....
On the flip side...... Gas mileage sucks though
MDS has a unique vibration
16 spark plugs to change every 30k miles.

#3 ·
Prepare for a minimum of 6 pages worth of V6 vs. V8 bickering. As someone who has made the switch, I can say I have no regrets whatsoever; especially now that Diablosport has finally released a tune for the Hemi.

I would, however, recommend that you wait to test drive the '14 to see how you like it with the new transmission. The '13s aren't going to be sold out overnight since Jeep seems to have produced 2,567,083 of them (I'm one of three WK2s in my neighborhood alone), so there will always be time to go back. Deals on the '14s also shouldn't take long to come by since Jeep probably intends to produce another 2,567,083 of them. Here's a pic of my '12 V8 Limited on the left and the '11 V6 Limited I traded in on the right. I definintely had the salesemen talking that day.

#12 ·
Why not? The only disadvantage is gas mileage... but do we really drive these for the gas mileage? If you better gas mileage, get a Prius. Otherwise... the V8 is Great!

#13 ·
I never had a vehicle with a big motor. Always a V6 or turbo 4-banger. While they are nice, I have always wanted a V8. I don't pay attention to the price of gas either. I just budget more than what I use for gas and that's it.

Though, if you are a stickler for saving money on gas, then you might walk around depressed all day lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.