Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f157/)
-   -   ScanGauge II (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f157/scangauge-ii-54073.html)

Numb Thumbs 02-01-2013 06:24 PM

ScanGauge II

G'Day

I have been trying to get my ScanGauge II to work with my diesel Laredo WK2. It will communicate, but the readings are mostly incorrect.

The speed is okay when it reads, but it drops out regularly. The current fuel consumption is way out and drops out.

Has anyone used a ScanGauge II with a WK2?

Cheers
Numb Thumbs ;)

Ticket 02-23-2013 06:42 AM

Re: ScanGauge II

Bump!

Anyone?

I like to keep an eye on things and seeing what these ScanGauges can do one in the CRD would be good.

allypally 02-26-2013 07:58 PM

You might need to look here
Dodge Specific : Linear Logic : Home of the ScanGauge

200sxr 11-27-2013 11:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am using a generic OBDII WiFi connector and an Ipad app call DashCommand.

Everything seems to work apart from the common rail fuel pressure.

The peak boost seems to be 2.4bar / 20.3 psi

Silverhammer 12-08-2013 01:03 AM

200sxr
MY14 Wk2 using Dash command?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

200sxr 12-10-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverhammer (Post 942147)
200sxr
MY14 Wk2 using Dash command?

Correct. It is a diesel if it makes any difference.

Silverhammer 12-10-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 200sxr (Post 943125)

Correct. It is a diesel if it makes any difference.

Thanks. I noticed Exhaust Gas Temp gauge. Just what I want for towing. But after a quick look at website for the app, I reckon the EGT data is measured at Cat Convertor not thru a probe sendor in manifold (best) or post turbo (ok). The actual temp diffs can be huge & not consistent. Cat temps are misleading as indicators of engine temp as they stay hot longer. My experience with diesels in general: 700C at manifold ok for bursts, post turbo way too high, at Cat...off the clock. So suggest care in driving off the actual temps, just watch the changes for load impacts etc. Am I right or is there some other reading or gauge for exhaust or cat temps?

200sxr what temps are you seeing under load? Thatd be really useful.

KONE-DAWG 12-11-2013 01:05 PM

I have been looking at the DashBoss. Works with iPhone/Pad/Pod. Uses BlueTooth instead of Wifi. Also has an optional temperature probe that is intended to tapped into the manifold. Looks like the best setup to monitor EGT directly.
Anyone have experience with Dash Boss? Downside is the expense.

200sxr 12-11-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverhammer (Post 943343)
Thanks. I noticed Exhaust Gas Temp gauge. Just what I want for towing. But after a quick look at website for the app, I reckon the EGT data is measured at Cat Convertor not thru a probe sendor in manifold (best) or post turbo (ok). The actual temp diffs can be huge & not consistent. Cat temps are misleading as indicators of engine temp as they stay hot longer. My experience with diesels in general: 700C at manifold ok for bursts, post turbo way too high, at Cat...off the clock. So suggest care in driving off the actual temps, just watch the changes for load impacts etc. Am I right or is there some other reading or gauge for exhaust or cat temps?

200sxr what temps are you seeing under load? Thatd be really useful.

I doubt there would be a real EGT in production based vehicle, I think the cat temp would be a good indication as it would directly correlate with EGT.

I am only seeing a peak of around 250 deg C with the cat temp. When I get around to putting the car on the dyno I will be able to check the real peak cat temp.

Silverhammer 12-11-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 200sxr (Post 943843)
I doubt there would be a real EGT in production based vehicle, I think the cat temp would be a good indication as it would directly correlate with EGT.

I am only seeing a peak of around 250 deg C with the cat temp. When I get around to putting the car on the dyno I will be able to check the real peak cat temp.

Dyno Test? Got some mods to Test?

200sxr 12-26-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverhammer (Post 943965)
Dyno Test? Got some mods to Test?

Lets just say I would like some baseline. However the inability for the lock the transmission in a a particular gear is going to make wheel dyno'ing difficult.