Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Buying an altitude grille (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/buying-an-altitude-grille-54074.html)

Vgalan0s 02-01-2013 06:30 PM

Buying an altitude grille

i am interested in buying a black grilled for my gc and was wondering if there is a difference from the black altitude grille vs. the brilliant black grille...i noticed there was a price difference and just wanted to make sure what i was getting into p.s. is justforjeeps.com the best place to buy?

trent88 02-01-2013 07:32 PM

Re: Buying an altitude grille

yes justforjeeps is the place. peter is the guy to deal with if you call.

brilliant black (PXR) is the metallic black/ what they paint all 11+ black jeeps with.

the plain black (PX8) is just plain gloss black. this is what you would want if your jeep is any other color other then black.

hope that helps, trent

jztbcz 02-03-2013 10:37 AM

I don't understand the fixation on the fugly Altitude grille ???? It along with the headlight bezels are a gloss black while the trim is flat black ... they do not go together .. The tail gate piece is fugly as well ... yuk .
They are better off with the lame chrome or paint it body color like the SRT.
On the wk's the black trim pieces were flat black, ( including the door handles ) why they did not give that option on these wk2's confuses me ...
The color schemes just don't work ... imho ...

Also Dear Peter at justforjeeps is just like his Dad, it's all about the illusion that you're getting a deal ......
EVERYTHING he and his counter parts have sold me has been over priced .... ??????????

trent88 02-03-2013 02:54 PM

i dont get your fixation with commenting in several Altitude threads saying how
"Very, very nice"
"Very, very nice indeed.... ( yeah it is )
Can you post a pic of the badge on your door ????"
"Did you purchase the grill or repaint ? ................. looks great."

and then you come in here and bash on this guy for just asking a question? im pretty sure he could care less about your hypocritical opinion but thats just IMOP!
ill let scott take care of you on the peter from just for jeeps part of your stupid rant, if you feel like you had to over pay then why did you buy it????? Its not just about price, its the amazing customer support you get, and in stock inventory. (and no hes not my dad ya jack wagon)
i guess you just dont have anything better to do then be a big hypocrite and offer nothing. maybe i should just go on one of your threads and tell you how FUGLY and YUK your plain ass jeep looks, cuz thats all your doing here buddy!

Bostondan77 02-03-2013 03:00 PM

black is regular black coat and the brilliant is with sparkles in the paint..... i put the grill and rear brow on my truck and it looks excellent i am not sure what this guy is talking about.

Scottina06 02-03-2013 04:42 PM

everyone be nice

Vgalan0s 02-04-2013 09:42 AM

Thanks for your answers it helped alot

kkreit01 02-04-2013 11:18 AM

It's just a matter of personal taste. I think the black grille looks great on certain colors. My wife wouldn't like it on our gold, so we will be keeping the chrome.

Dabitz 02-04-2013 01:17 PM

Wow, somebody needs some prune juice urgently.