Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   What cars have factory BLUE gauge/control lights? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/what-cars-have-factory-blue-gauge-control-lights-5417.html)

TimmyB 01-08-2010 05:40 PM

What cars have factory BLUE gauge/control lights?

I need some smt blue led's to swap out in my 05 WK. I ordered some from Japan but they wont arrive here for another two weeks I was just told. I want to go to the salvage yard and take out blue smt led's from cars that might be in the yard, does anyone know off hand what cars might have these small blue smt led's installed in the gauges or control buttons? Thanks. I want to go tomorrow and start ripping apart cars for these led's.

Redsand 01-08-2010 05:43 PM

Re: What cars have factory BLUE gauge/control lights?

volkswagen

TimmyB 01-08-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redsand (Post 128499)
volkswagen

Awesome, thanks. I was there the other day and saw plenty of those in newer models.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-10-2010 07:29 PM

i wouldnt be talking any long trips with your interior, blue is tiring on the eyes. that is why most companys do not use it.

TimmyB 01-10-2010 07:43 PM

Well good thing I usually have my eyes on the road, and not my control panels. Lol. I luv the blue led's I have installed already. Matches my stereo unit now.

hemi.jon 01-10-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 129416)
i wouldnt be talking any long trips with your interior, blue is tiring on the eyes. that is why most companys do not use it.

technically for better night vision while driving you should be dimming you dash to a very low setting.

TimmyB 01-10-2010 08:18 PM

The leds I installed in the "information center" and in the esp button are insanely bright, even in the day time they stand right out. Oh well, its a cool blue and people like it.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...8/DSC03623.jpg

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-10-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyB (Post 129420)
Well good thing I usually have my eyes on the road, and not my control panels. Lol. I luv the blue led's I have installed already. Matches my stereo unit now.

i love them too, they look awesome

Megatron 01-10-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemi.jon (Post 129427)
technically for better night vision while driving you should be dimming you dash to a very low setting.

X2. I found this to be true since I have bad eyesight and I just change mine to low.

SRTILL8 01-13-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyB (Post 129436)
The leds I installed in the "information center" and in the esp button are insanely bright, even in the day time they stand right out. Oh well, its a cool blue and people like it.

even thought theyre bright, thats a kickass job man. show us a night shot eventually if u can

TimmyB 01-13-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtillaSRT8 (Post 131410)
even thought theyre bright, thats a kickass job man. show us a night shot eventually if u can

I already tried in other threads, but it just comes out all blurry. I will attempt it again. I think the dig cam has a hard time focusing without any lights on around it. But you can see just from a day pic how the led's give off alot of light. Def an easy and cheap mode to do.

mjl2610 01-13-2010 06:22 PM

Timmy you were saying in another thread I believe... there is a coating over the standard bulbs that are soldered to the circuit board. I also think you mentioned that if you were to scrape off this coating then it would make the bulb glow a different color? It would make sense since you installed the new blue led's and well your control panel is blue now. So this being the case, the panel itself is not green and its the light produced by the bulb itself. Are stock installations regular incandescent bulbs? Cause then the dash would glow the standard white-orange color of an incandescent bulb with the coating scraped off. Have you had experience with scraping off the coating on the bulb at all?