Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   XenonDepot Help! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/xenondepot-help-5425.html)

White Chocolate 01-09-2010 01:24 AM

XenonDepot Help!

Alright well today sucks, I washed the Jeep (spent like 3 hours in the cold doing it) and well after work, roughly 7 hours later, I start my jeep up and wabam, drivers side fog light isnt working, now I KNOW my ground are all proper because I already fixed this issue when I first put the kit in...

could the cold make a difference (-20C), or could the water make a difference?

Im thinking the bulb might be burnt out??? :(

any ideas?? Also my dad bought a kit for his dodge ram, (fog lights)...the bulbs are 9006, cant I just plug one of his bulbs into the ballast to see if the ballast is fine? or will putting that bulb in wreck the ballast (does the ballast HAVE to work off my H10 bulb)

White WK Swagga 01-09-2010 09:34 AM

Re: XenonDepot Help!

I'd swap with the other side bulb and see if it's that. Then swap ballast with the other side. Make sure you check the conections first to make sure everything is snug. Make sure you turn tour lights switch all the way off and wait a few seconds before turning it back on when you check cause sometimes the ballast doesn't fire up corectly.

White Chocolate 01-09-2010 09:45 AM

Instead of switchin out the bulbs can I just hook up my dads 9007 bulb that hasn't been installed on his truck yet just to confirm if the ballast is working? Today after working I'm gunna check the relay fuse then check the bulbs, I'm at a lost for words I really don't wanna have a burnt out bulb.

White Chocolate 01-09-2010 09:49 AM

I'm positive it was working before the car wash, could the water have done something, I'm so confused as to what could have happened

DAVY27 01-09-2010 01:51 PM

hmmm...what Mr Sexy White Jeep Guy said. take out the driver side bulb and switch it with the passenger side bulb to confirm if it's ballast or just the bulb. i dont know if the 9006 and the H10 connectors are the same but to be safe i wouldnt try plugging them in. might jam it or break one of the connectors

White Chocolate 01-09-2010 01:58 PM

Alright ill try that? I noticed all the connections are frozen with ice, could that be it???

Chuck 01-09-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVY27 (Post 128832)
hmmm...what Mr Sexy White Jeep Guy said. take out the driver side bulb and switch it with the passenger side bulb to confirm if it's ballast or just the bulb. i dont know if the 9006 and the H10 connectors are the same but to be safe i wouldnt try plugging them in. might jam it or break one of the connectors

x2 I would do what Nate suggested.

LTrainGC 01-09-2010 02:42 PM

I had this happen a couple weeks ago except it was the passenger side fog - ended up being my ballast. To test I hooked my driver side foglight (which I knew to be functional) to the passenger side ballast and it didn't light.

White Chocolate 01-09-2010 02:45 PM

Was it a xenondepot kit? I checked the wiring and everything is frozen on the wires that aree connected to the bulb and fuse on relay? Could that be it?

LTrainGC 01-09-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlutcH (Post 128863)
Was it a xenondepot kit? I checked the wiring and everything is frozen on the wires that aree connected to the bulb and fuse on relay? Could that be it?

Nah I have a xentec kit (from Baja HID).

The wiring should be able to handle some water freezing to it. Not 100% sure though.

I'd still switch a bulb over there to see if it lights up. If it doesn't, I'd suspect the ballast is shot. If it does, I'd suspect the blub is shot.

White Chocolate 01-09-2010 05:03 PM

Alright, got home from work and fixed it, heated the garage up, took my bulb out, put my dads 9007 bulb in, his bulb lit up, we were confused.....plugged my bulb back in, cleaned the ice off the conmnections...walaa...fixed...

****in ice grr...

anyways klutch is happy once again..

LTrainGC 01-09-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlutcH (Post 128929)
Alright, got home from work and fixed it, heated the garage up, took my bulb out, put my dads 9007 bulb in, his bulb lit up, we were confused.....plugged my bulb back in, cleaned the ice off the conmnections...walaa...fixed...

****in ice grr...

anyways klutch is happy once again..

Gotta love cheap fixes!