Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Hit a deer last night.. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/hit-a-deer-last-night-54277.html)

ALPINEST4RS 02-05-2013 08:43 AM

Hit a deer last night..

I smoked a button buck doing about 40 last night. Damages are minimal (suprisingly). I hoisted it up and all of the damage is mainly on the front fascia (lower part). I'm thinking about trimming the front end like a few guys did here. That would take care of all of the damages, along with running a 4xguard skid plate and a matrix. I do have full coverage on my jeep, but I can't stand letting someone work on my truck other than me.

Is there a write up on trimming the front bumper? Thanks.

spyder873 02-05-2013 08:50 AM

Re: Hit a deer last night..

Glad your ok and the damage is minimal!

Lucas J 02-05-2013 12:16 PM

Glad your OK. Trimming the bumper is easy. Just tape off the line you want to trim and use a Dremel. I don't recall a "How too" on it but JayLoop, JeepCoop, Omelet, and AcidCold are few off the top of my head that did it. You might find something in their build threads on it.

ALPINEST4RS 02-05-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas J (Post 754683)
Glad your OK. Trimming the bumper is easy. Just tape off the line you want to trim and use a Dremel. I don't recall a "How too" on it but JayLoop, JeepCoop, Omelet, and AcidCold are few off the top of my head that did it. You might find something in their build threads on it.

I trimmed it with a cutoff wheel and a dremel for fine tuning. It turned out sweet!!! I'm so glad that I go so lucky on this. The rad support is bowed in very very slightly. Took a hammer and straightened it out. I just need to paint the support and the washer jug. Its screaming for a skid now :) :). If i get out of work early today i'll post up some pics.

I want to give mad props to omelet, jeep coop, and jayloop for the ideas in their build thread.

As of today its sworn into my family and never leaving hahaha. Paid off.

Lucas J 02-05-2013 01:34 PM

Pics or it didn't happen.

ALPINEST4RS 02-05-2013 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here you go!! :)

ALPINEST4RS 02-05-2013 04:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
couple more i shot. jeeps gettin a clean soon as spring comes.

ALPINEST4RS 02-05-2013 05:06 PM

4 Attachment(s)
aaannnd one for good memories. (what it used to be.)

Lucas J 02-05-2013 05:18 PM

Looks good. Now its time for 4xG front skid.

Bikemobile 02-05-2013 05:29 PM

Damn deer

jjt250 02-05-2013 05:42 PM

Looks good! Glad you're okay and everything worked out. Definitely paint the washer jug and get a 4xGuard skid! How are you liking those Duratracs? How are they in the snow and on road? Are they relatively quiet?

ALPINEST4RS 02-06-2013 08:20 AM

The duratracs are awesome. Well worth the 1k i dropped on them. Compared to a M/T, the are quiet. My buddy has BFG A/T's on his ram and they are quieter than that. They do well in the snow. Haven't got stuck yet in the backwoods. As u can see where I live there are plenty of two trackin to do this summer!!

The only thing I regret is not going 285.